California DPT Applicants 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JM3_33

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I wanted to make this thread to help some other California DPT applicants!
Feel free to post your interview invites/decisions/stats :)
Also, if you have applied to the same programs as me, please feel free to let me know when they gave you your decision/ any updates you can offer, I'd love to know!

My stats:
Undergrad: CSUF (BS in Kinesiology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Pre-req: 3.6-7 (depending on the school)
GRE: 150 Quant, 156 Verbal, 3.5 AWA
Hours: 100+ inpatient, 400+ outpatient (3 different clinics)

Applied to: USC, WesternU, Florida In't, Northern Arizona, Cal State Northridge, Touro U (Nevada), Franklin Pierce (AZ), CSU Fresno, Loma Linda Univ, Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, CSU Long Beach, Chapman

Interviews: Loma Linda (invited on 8/30, Interview held on September 28th)
WesternU (Secondary verified 8/16, Invited for Interview on 10/22, Interview to be held on January 10th— declined interview)
NAU (invited 10/31, Interview to be held December 1st)
Fresno State (Invited 12/12, Interview to be held Feb 2, will decline)
UNLV (invited December 28, to be held on Feb 1, declined interview.)
Florida In't Univ (invited Jan 17th, Interview to be held Feb 9th)

Acceptances: Loma Linda University (12/6, accepted and will most likely attend), Franklin Pierce (12/12), NAU (12/12), Touro Univ Nevada (waitlisted 11/20, accepted 1/18)

Waitlist: CSUN #69

Rejections: CSULB, USC

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My stats:
Undergrad: UCI (BS in Biological Sciences)
Cumulative GPA: 3.47
Pre-req: 3.85 according to Chapman (depending on the school)
GRE: 155 Quant, 147 Verbal, 4.5 AWA
Hours: 50+ inpatient, 100+ outpatient (same hospital)

Applied to: Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, CSU Long Beach, Chapman, Rocky Mountain Univ, CSU Sacramento, Loma linda, Azusa Pacific, Mount St Marys, SDSU

Interviews: Loma Linda and Azusa Pacific
Acceptance: Azusa Pacific so far
Rejections: N/A

My stats:

Applied to: Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, CSU Long Beach, Chapman, Rocky Mountain Univ, CSU Sacramento, Loma linda, Azusa Pacific, Mount St Marys, SDSU

Have you received anything from Chapman?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview! I applied to WesternU (secondary verified 10/18) but have yet to hear from them. If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for them to contact you post-verification? :)

Hi!
Feel free to post your interview invites and decisions :)

My stats:

Applied to: USC, WesternU, Florida In't, Northern Arizona, Cal State Northridge, Touro U (Nevada), Franklin Pierce (AZ), CSU Fresno, Loma Linda Univ, Univ of Nevada Las Vegas, CSU Long Beach, Chapman

Interviews: Loma Linda and WesternU
Acceptance: N/A

Hi!

My stats:

Interviews: Loma Linda and WesternU

When did you apply/hear back from WesternU? I applied there too in late September and haven’t heard back.

I’m also applying to touro and franklin pierce but I’m not done with their essays. I’ve written 8 so far but still have 4 more left before I’m all done with ptcas.

Congrats on the interview! I applied to WesternU (secondary verified 10/18) but have yet to hear from them. If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for them to contact you post-verification? :)
Hi, I had my secondary verified 8/16. They got back to me on 10/22. So it took them 10 weeks to get back to me.

should be sending updates in November. Is this your top choice?
No, but I have yet to receive any communication from them. So I was just worried. I know other schools have sent me emails at least notifying me that they have received my CAS application. I just found it strange to not hear anything from them.

When did you apply/hear back from WesternU? I applied there too in late September and haven’t heard back.

I’m also applying to touro and franklin pierce but I’m not done with their essays. I’ve written 8 so far but still have 4 more left before I’m all done with ptcas.
Hi, I applied to WesternU on 8/16. However they opened my other materials around the 8/24. They just got back to me with an invite for an interview on 10/22.

My stats:

Hi, has UNLV given you any updates after the online interview?

Hi!
Also, if you have applied to the same programs as me, please feel free to let me know when they gave you your decision/ any updates you can offer, I'd love to know!

My stats:

Interviews: Loma Linda (invited on 8/30, Interview held on September 28th) and WesternU (Secondary verified 8/16, Invited for Interview on 10/22, Interview to be held on January 10th)

Hi JM3_33!
I also have my interview for WesternU on January 10th, it’s my top school so hoping I get in. Did u receive any confirmation emails or anything from Chapman yet?

Hi JM3_33!
I also have my interview for WesternU on January 10th, it’s my top school so hoping I get in. Did u receive any confirmation emails or anything from Chapman yet?
Congrats! No, nothing from Chapman yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

My stats:

Interviews: Loma Linda (invited on 8/30, Interview held on September 28th) and WesternU (Secondary verified 8/16, Invited for Interview on 10/22, Interview to be held on January 10th)

Nice!

Has anyone heard anything from Florida International?

Hi JM3_33!
I submitted my secondary application on 10/10/18. How long does it take to be verified?

I submitted my secondary application on 10/10/18. How long does it take to be verified?

It took 3 weeks for everything to be verified then another 3 weeks to get an interview invitation

Hi!

My stats:

Interviews: Loma Linda (invited on 8/30, Interview held on September 28th) and WesternU (Secondary verified 8/16, Invited for Interview on 10/22, Interview to be held on January 10th), NAU (invited 10/31, Interview to be held December 1st)

Hi! I initially submitted my secondary app on 10/7 and just received an email stating that my app has been processed and sent to the admissions committee for review. How long after receiving that email did you get an interview invite? Did it take two months (from 8/16-10/22) for you to hear back after receiving this?!

Did anyone apply to UOP in Stockton??

Hi! I initially submitted my secondary app on 10/7 and just received an email stating that my app has been processed and sent to the admissions committee for review. How long after receiving that email did you get an interview invite? Did it take two months (from 8/16-10/22) for you to hear back after receiving this?!
Hi, I received that email 8/28. And I heard back 10/22 for an interview. It took them 2 months.

If anyone hears from Loma Linda this week please let me know! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an invite to interview at Fresno State?

Just wondering, is there a FB group or anything for Chapman c/o 2022? I just got the acceptance letter for Summer '19 and wanted to know if anyone else got in.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody heard back from USC yet?
Also is Western U still inviting applicants for interviews?

Just wondering, is there a FB group or anything for Chapman c/o 2022? I just got the acceptance letter for Summer '19 and wanted to know if anyone else got in.
Congrats! Did they notify you via email?

I'm still waiting on USC too!
Not sure on Western..my friend is waiting too.

I'm still waiting on USC too!
Not sure on Western..my friend is waiting too.
Omg too much stress!! I applied to five Cali schools and I haven’t heard back from any :(

I just got an interview invite for WesternU on 11/21! I'll be interviewing on Jan 29th

Has anyone heard back from USC yet?

Anyone hear back from Loma Linda? And for Chapman, are letters still being sent?

Anyone hear back from Loma Linda? And for Chapman, are letters still being sent?
Haven’t heard from Loma Linda either. It’s my first choice so if I get accepted I’m most likely declining my seat @ Chapman. That should open up a spot for someone.

I am sure we will all get into a school we like :) Stay strong *crying in the inside

A friend of mine heard back from LLU, they're giving out emails to those who should expect their decisions in January. Still haven't received an email myself though.

A friend of mine heard back from LLU, they're giving out emails to those who should expect their decisions in January. Still haven't received an email myself though.
Yeah I got one of those