California DPT Applicants 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats? Do you mind sharing.
Undergrad: UCR (Biology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.44
Pre-req: 3.6 for LLU
GRE: 165 Quant, 153 Verbal, 4.5 AWA
Hours: 100 inpatient, 1000+ outpatient

Applied to: USC, WesternU, University of St. Augustine, LLU, Chapman, Midwestern (AZ), Rocky Mountain (UT), Mount St Mary's, and West Coast

Interviews: Loma Linda, University of St. Augustine (12/13), and Midwestern (2/8/2019)
Acceptance: Loma Linda
Rejections: N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A friend of mine heard back from LLU, they're giving out emails to those who should expect their decisions in January. Still haven't received an email myself though.

Yes this email was very disappointing :/. I thought they had said decisions would come out this month but instead they pushed it to January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many batches of interview/acceptance letters or how often schools usually send them out? Especially for western, USC, and USA?

Undergrad: UCR (Biology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.44
Pre-req: 3.6 for LLU
GRE: 165 Quant, 153 Verbal, 4.5 AWA
Hours: 100 inpatient, 1000+ outpatient

Applied to: USC, WesternU, University of St. Augustine, LLU, Chapman, Midwestern (AZ), Rocky Mountain (UT), Mount St Mary's, and West Coast

Interviews: Loma Linda, University of St. Augustine (12/13), and Midwestern (2/8/2019)
Acceptance: Loma Linda
Was this your 1st time applying?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many batches of interview/acceptance letters or how often schools usually send them out? Especially for western, USC, and USA?
Looks like Western sent out interviews for late Jan. But they’re conducting interviews until Feb!

Just wondering, is there a FB group or anything for Chapman c/o 2022? I just got the acceptance letter for Summer '19 and wanted to know if anyone else got in.
Did you have an interview, or accepted without an interview? What was the interview like?

Yes this email was very disappointing :/. I thought they had said decisions would come out this month but instead they pushed it to January.
Do you think they sent out any rejection letters? Bc I feel like they might’ve just told everyone that wasn’t accepted that they’ll hear their decision in January.

Do you think they sent out any rejection letters? Bc I feel like they might’ve just told everyone that wasn’t accepted that they’ll hear their decision in January.
I’m still waiting on an email...it’s possible they haven’t gotten back to everyone just yet :(

Members don't see this ad :)
i just emailed heather to understand what this all means. i will update you soon

Nope! I know my stats aren't that competitive lol I think my interview just went well

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thats really great! my stats are similar but your GRE wows me. I was just seeing if they were first filling seats for their preference of SDA (since i heard they do that)

Just got an acceptance from Chapman summer !!! so look at your emails guys good luck

Yes but still waiting for others like all of us. You?
I’ll put my deposit down to reserve a seat for now. Do you know about how much tuition is? Bc I saw somewhere online that it’s $45k a year but idk if it’s accurate.

I’ll put my deposit down to reserve a seat for now. Do you know about how much tuition is? Bc I saw somewhere online that it’s $45k a year but idk if it’s accurate.
Yes this is probably what I will do as well. I have a seat at Azusa I will most likely have to give up. I am not sure about tuition im hoping its less than 135k but it might just be that. Plus I have no idea if it includes all other costs. let me know if you find an answer before me. msg me if you want to connect on fb

I've been lurking on SDN for years so I'm super excited to finally get to post!

Undergrad: UC Davis (B.S. in Anthropology, minor in Exercise Science)
Overall GPA: 3.66, graduated with highest honors
Pre-Req GPA: 3.48 - 3.75 depending on school
GRE: 154Q, 162V, 6W
Extra-Curric: 4 year varisty rower, 2 years as treasurer for rowing club, 4 years in honors program

Volunteer: 40 inpatient, 490 outpatient (3 different clinics/populations)

Applied: USC, WesternU, UCSF, Mount Saint Mary's, UPitt, West Coast University, CSUN, CSULB, Pacific University, Chapman, University of Washington, SDSU

Acceptances: Mount Saint Mary's

Interviews: N/A

I've been lurking on SDN for years so I'm super excited to finally get to post!

Undergrad: UC Davis (B.S. in Anthropology, minor in Exercise Science)
Overall GPA: 3.66, graduated with highest honors
Pre-Req GPA: 3.48 - 3.75 depending on school
GRE: 154Q, 162V, 6W
Extra-Curric: 4 year varisty rower, 2 years as treasurer for rowing club, 4 years in honors program

Volunteer: 40 inpatient, 490 outpatient (3 different clinics/populations)

Applied: USC, WesternU, UCSF, Mount Saint Mary's, UPitt, West Coast University, CSUN, CSULB, Pacific University, Chapman, University of Washington, SDSU

Acceptances: Mount Saint Mary's

Interviews: N/A
Niiice !! I just got into MSMU too. I’m assuming they sent you the acceptance letter @ midnight lol. Do you know if we have to pay a deposit to reserve a seat?

Just got accepted into Mount Saint Mary’s University !

Just got accepted into Mount Saint Mary’s University !

Congrats to everyone that got into MSMU! Would you guys mind sharing when your deposit is due?
Haven't heard back from them so I'm assuming I'm still in the pool of waiting applicants :(

Congrats to everyone that got into MSMU! Would you guys mind sharing when your deposit is due?
Haven't heard back from them so I'm assuming I'm still in the pool of waiting applicants :(

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure when deposit is due looking at my admitted student letter online. However, I will be declining my seat at MSMU. I hope you get in! :)

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure when deposit is due looking at my admitted student letter online. However, I will be declining my seat at MSMU. I hope you get in! :)

Thank you for letting me know! Appreciate your kind words! :)
May I ask where you'll be planning to head to for school?

Thank you for letting me know! Appreciate your kind words! :)
May I ask where you'll be planning to head to for school?

I'm planning on attending TUN, since its only a few minutes away from home.

Has anyone heard from Sac State?

Got an email today from Chapman saying that I’m waitlisted for summer. Congratulations to those who got in!

Reactions: 1 users
So I just got an email from Chapman. It was a rejection because my GRE scores did not meet the requirements. Except my scores are well above the requirements so now I am freaking out that I am missing out on a spot because of a mistake on their part :nailbiting: I sent them an email and I plan on calling them in the morning but...I dunno. I am not going to sleep well tonight lol This waiting game is stressful.

Hey just saw this post and wanted to let you know I spoke to Heather and she said the committee met up to accept a few applicants last week and that they will accept the rest of the class during the third week of January. So I think they're going to accept the majority of the class during that time since she only said a few now.

So I just got an email from Chapman. It was a rejection because my GRE scores did not meet the requirements. Except my scores are well above the requirements so now I am freaking out that I am missing out on a spot because of a mistake on their part :nailbiting: I sent them an email and I plan on calling them in the morning but...I dunno. I am not going to sleep well tonight lol This waiting game is stressful.
wow that is terrible please update us hope they let you in :)

wow that is terrible please update us hope they let you in :)
Will do! I called but they wont let you talk to anyone because it's "reading season" o_O All I got was a more direct email address so I'm hoping to hear from them by the end of today

This same exact thing happened to me last year!! My GRE scores were well above the requirements. It was very disappointing and frustrating. However, upon looking over it again after I emailed them, they told me they put my application back in the applicant pool. So don't lose hope!

Just got accepted to Loma Linda University! So decisions should be coming out soon :)

I just received my acceptance to Loma Linda! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard from USC? University of Southern California.

Hey just saw this post and wanted to let you know I spoke to Heather and she said the committee met up to accept a few applicants last week and that they will accept the rest of the class during the third week of January. So I think they're going to accept the majority of the class during that time since she only said a few now.
Oh wow, thanks for the heads-up! That's good to know. And congrats on your acceptance!!

This same exact thing happened to me last year!! My GRE scores were well above the requirements. It was very disappointing and frustrating. However, upon looking over it again after I emailed them, they told me they put my application back in the applicant pool. So don't lose hope!
Thanks! I havent heard anything yet. Not even a "Hey we see this and are looking into it" So I'm a little on edge about it. But I'm waiting to hear from a few more schools so I'm trying to be patient

For MSMU waitlisters: Admitted applicants have 30 days from date on the admission letter to submit a deposit. No response/deposit after means spot goes to someone else.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads-up! That's good to know. And congrats on your acceptance!!
You bet! & Thank you so much! Congrats on your acceptance to Chapman, hope you hear back from LLU soon with good news :)

Last edited:
Do you guys know if USC notifies accepted applicants first or how does that work?

Haven’t heard from Loma Linda either. It’s my first choice so if I get accepted I’m most likely declining my seat @ Chapman. That should open up a spot for someone.
Just out of curiosity why did you choose LLU as being your top choice. :)