-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by dpt-is-the-one-for-me
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dpt-is-the-one-for-me
Full Member
Hey! I actually went to LB for undergrad (and have decided to commit for pt as well!) so let me know if you want to talk! Housing is very variable. I lived in an off-campus house (not appt) with friends. I shared a very decent sized room and paid $425/month living 2 miles away from campus (20 min bus ride!) This included everything but WiFi! I know friends that paid closer to $700/month but its definitely possible to find affordable options! not trying to dissuade you from other schools but figured I’d let you know!Got in Long Beach! Most likely will deny acceptance, it is my #3 school after Fresno State and Sac State. In my research, housing is pretty pricey in that area and I'm trying not to be in so much debt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trainxchoo
Full Member
What school are you going for instead?Gave up my seat at ucsf/sfsu, so hopefully that helped one of you
MassGenWhat school are you going for instead?
Somebody I talked to just did todayHas anyone gotten off the waitlist for UCSF/SFSU’s program? Or know anything about how long the waitlist is? Or anything about the waitlist in general? I got waitlisted last Friday and I don’t know if I should still be hopeful or not 😭
yuliahhhh
Full Member
Yea me 🙂Somebody I talked to just did today
trainxchoo
Full Member
Congrats!! Are you gonna take it?Waitlisted on 1.15; Just got a phone call at 11:15 from UCSF/SFSU today, offered acceptance!!
yuliahhhh
Full Member
Yesss ! UCSF is my top choice!Congrats!! Are you gonna take it?
omg big congrats to you!!! UCSF/SFSU is my top choice too!Waitlisted on 1.15; Just got a phone call at 11:15 from UCSF/SFSU today, offered acceptance!!
when is the deadline for you to accept your acceptance? and when is your deposit due?Yesss ! UCSF is my top choice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
letsdothispts
Full Member
I did too and I still haven’t heard anything either /:Has anyone heard from Western U yet? I interviewed in the beginning of December and haven't heard anything
I believe that on their website it says that they'll let us know in March, or by March. I hope they let us know earlier though because this waiting game is driving me crazy haha, plus a deposit for a school that I got accepted to is due mid-Feb but it's so expensive and out of stateI did too and I still haven’t heard anything either /:
I have an Interview on Monday. I was notified about a month ago but I know some people heard only like a couple days ago.Has anyone heard from West Coast University? I submitted my application a couple days ago. Wondering if anyone interviewed already or got accepted??
Congrats on the interview! For the people that heard a couple days ago, did they get accepted a couple days ago or got an interview notification a couple days ago?I have an Interview on Monday. I was notified about a month ago but I know some people heard only like a couple days ago.
I interviewed with Western on 11/18 and received my acceptance a week and a half later 🙂 !Has anyone heard from Western U yet? I interviewed in the beginning of December and haven't heard anything
omg congrats!!I interviewed with Western on 11/18 and received my acceptance a week and a half later 🙂 !
It was for an interview that they were notified! Im guessing some people probably declined the interviews and more interview spots opened up. I think in past years WCU did more interviews in like February/March too as like a second batch.Congrats on the interview! For the people that heard a couple days ago, did they get accepted a couple days ago or got an interview notification a couple days ago?
After your interview, have you kept in touch with your interviewers?omg congrats!!
No I haven’t bc I completely forgot to write their names down after 😭😭 I was so relieved after the interview, I just wanted to exit the browser and be done 😩 I sooo regret that now. is that how you got your acceptance notification?After your interview, have you kept in touch with your interviewers?
I hope it doesn’t effect their decision 😭😭After your interview, have you kept in touch with your interviewers?
dancingDPT24
New Member
Same I interviewed in Dec and haven’t heard back yetI did too and I still haven’t heard anything either /:
Last edited:
I didn’t keep in contact with my interviewers and got accepted to WesternU! Hoping you hear back soon 🙂I hope it doesn’t effect their decision 😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same girl, but things happen for a reason. You got this!Just got placed on the low tier waitlist for Long Beach. It says on their website that low tier people dont usually get accepted😔
yuliahhhh
Full Member
Both on Jan.29thwhen is the deadline for you to accept your acceptance? and when is your deposit due?
Same hereSame girl, but things happen for a reason. You got this!
Phew okay, thank you for telling me. & thanks for the well wishes! When did you interview and get accepted?I didn’t keep in contact with my interviewers and got accepted to WesternU! Hoping you hear back soon 🙂
Yes everything happens for a reason!! For undergrad I was crushed for not getting into my #1 choice but the college I ended up going to was one of the best things that ever happened to me!! I’m trying to have that same mentality this time around for pt school too 🤧Just got placed on the low tier waitlist for Long Beach. It says on their website that low tier people dont usually get accepted😔
dancingDPT24
New Member
I just got an acceptance to Western, I interviewed back in Dec.
Congrats! Are you accepting?I just got an acceptance to Western, I interviewed back in Dec.
I interviewed December 2nd and got accepted Dec. 11th!Phew okay, thank you for telling me. & thanks for the well wishes! When did you interview and get accepted?
dancingDPT24
New Member
Thanks! And yes 😊Congrats! Are you accepting?
letsdothispts
Full Member
I got my acceptance from Western today 😊
Congrats! When did you interview?I got my acceptance from Western today 😊
I talked to many current and past Western U DPT students, and that is what they advised me to do. They said that no matter how confident you may have thought your interview you went, it is always best to keep in touch with them or just email them a thank you letter. By doing so, it shows how you like to take initiative. It is also a professional thing to do. Other than that, it also helps your interviewers remember who you are. So when they review applications, they immediately will associate your name with your interview and face.No I haven’t bc I completely forgot to write their names down after 😭😭 I was so relieved after the interview, I just wanted to exit the browser and be done 😩 I sooo regret that now. is that how you got your acceptance notification?
Got waitlisted at CSULB! I’m hoping to get in cause I haven’t heard back from any other schools 🤞🏼🥺Hi all! I’m new here and noticed that there’s not a thread for California schools. I just submitted my PTCAS (8/14) with applications for CSULB, Chapman, and UCSF. So now the waiting game begins!
How is everyone’s cycle going so far? Where are y’all applying to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I also got accepted to WesternU! Excited to meet and work beside all of you that are accepting 🙂Thanks! And yes 😊
I got in too! 🙂Congrats! I also got accepted to WesternU! Excited to meet and work beside all of you that are accepting 🙂
Do you, know if there is a FB page yet?
I logged in, I can assure you, you missed nothing whatsoever of value. It was just an overview of the program structure. Pretty much what the video on the website says. I hope your interview went well!I can’t go to the West Coast Program overview today at 10am. If any one on here goes, can you just tell me if there’s anything important I should know! Thank you!
I was told a month at the longest and it would come from Mary
Did anyone ask West Coast how long it will be before we hear back from them after our interviews?