You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle
Started by dpt-is-the-one-for-me
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hghamari
New Member
I got accepted to Northeastern too! 🙂I applied September 1st and here's my stats:
University: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.88
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 162 Q, 158 V, 4.0 AW
Observation Hours: 1,000 hours outpatient ortho; 32 hours outpatient ortho/sports medicine
LORs: 2PTs, 1 Professor
ECs: summa cum laude, dean’s list, Nu Rho Psi Neuroscience Honor Society, Women’s Interdisciplinary Society of Entrepreneurship- mentor, NUCALLS Culture and Language Learning Society for Spanish, CHAARG, NEURONS, Southbank Mosaics (volunteer), CPR cert, tutor
Research: Brigham and Women’s Hospital Division of Sleep and Circadian Disorders and Lab of Wildlife Ecology and Behavior
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m still waiting 🙁Is anyone still waiting to hear back from USC? :/
Haven't received anything from them
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from USC? :/
Haven't received anything from them
I’ll be giving up my seat at USC soon. Hope one of you gets it 🙂I’m still waiting 🙁
trainxchoo
Full Member
Got an offer from CSULB's waitlist today. In a dilemma between there or UCSF
What were your stats and ECs if you don't mind me asking.I got the call for UCSF around 530 today!
trainxchoo
Full Member
University: Pepperdine UniversityWhat were your stats and ECs if you don't mind me asking.
Major: Economics
Overall GPA: 3.33
Pre-Req GPA: 3.83
GRE: Verbal-161 Quant-153 Essay: 5.5
Extra-Curric: Not much
Volunteer: Almost 3 years as an exercise specialist at my outpatient PT clinic (paid position)
mmb_dpt
Full Member
Living in LB is much more affordable than SF, if that helps!Got an offer from CSULB's waitlist today. In a dilemma between there or UCSF
trainxchoo
Full Member
Haha i'd be commuting from home for LB so definitely much cheaper...Living in LB is much more affordable than SF, if that helps!
Oh wow they're sending out their decisions already?! I was thinking they would get back to us in like 2 weeks. Thanks for updating us, and no, I haven't heard anything yet but would love to know if anyone else hasAny acceptances out there for CSUN? My friend just received a rejection letter from CSUN today. I wanted to know if they sent out acceptances too.
letsdothispts
Full Member
Same here, nothing yet. Also, I heard back from Sacramento State and I was put on the top 20 waitlist. Don’t know if I should stay hopeful or not .-.Oh wow they're sending out their decisions already?! I was thinking they would get back to us in like 2 weeks. Thanks for updating us, and no, I haven't heard anything yet but would love to know if anyone else has
That's still a big achievement to be on the waitlist! I know how you feel though because I'm on the waitlist for UCSF and Western U... it's like I'm in a state of limbo...not the best feeling. But I feel like 20 isn't that long of a list? You might even be in the top 10 or 15, you don't know! I personally would still be hopeful if I was in your position. I've read a countless number of forums about PT waitlists and many heard back in March, so that's the month that I am personally waiting for to hear back from schools. But also have a backup plan, which I'm sure you do 🙂Same here, nothing yet. Also, I heard back from Sacramento State and I was put on the top 20 waitlist. Don’t know if I should stay hopeful or not .-.
letsdothispts
Full Member
That's still a big achievement to be on the waitlist! I know how you feel though because I'm on the waitlist for UCSF and Western U... it's like I'm in a state of limbo...not the best feeling. But I feel like 20 isn't that long of a list? You might even be in the top 10 or 15, you don't know! I personally would still be hopeful if I was in your position. I've read a countless number of forums about PT waitlists and many heard back in March, so that's the month that I am personally waiting for to hear back from schools. But also have a backup plan, which I'm sure you do 🙂
Yeah, I get where you’re at. I appreciate that they at least gave me a range of where I’m at on the list. Last year I was waitlisted to Long Beach and was holding onto hope for so long but I never heard back, but you’re right, 20 isn’t that long. Thanks for the encouragement! I really hope you get into the school of your choice 😊That's still a big achievement to be on the waitlist! I know how you feel though because I'm on the waitlist for UCSF and Western U... it's like I'm in a state of limbo...not the best feeling. But I feel like 20 isn't that long of a list? You might even be in the top 10 or 15, you don't know! I personally would still be hopeful if I was in your position. I've read a countless number of forums about PT waitlists and many heard back in March, so that's the month that I am personally waiting for to hear back from schools. But also have a backup plan, which I'm sure you do 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang I’m on the waitlist for long beach and I’m really hoping to get off of it 🙁Yeah, I get where you’re at. I appreciate that they at least gave me a range of where I’m at on the list. Last year I was waitlisted to Long Beach and was holding onto hope for so long but I never heard back, but you’re right, 20 isn’t that long. Thanks for the encouragement! I really hope you get into the school of your choice 😊
letsdothispts
Full Member
I was waitlisted there this year again too .-. I think it’s just really hard to get into Long Beach since they receive so many applications, they don’t hold interviews, and they don’t have supplemental essays questions. Since so many people applying to PT school have similar test scores and grades, I feel like there’s not much to set Long Beach applicants apart so I feel like their admittance is kind of a raffle /:Dang I’m on the waitlist for long beach and I’m really hoping to get off of it 🙁
Nope! I haven’t received anything yet, so still on the waiting game 😬Any acceptances out there for CSUN? My friend just received a rejection letter from CSUN today. I wanted to know if they sent out acceptances too.
Yeah and they won’t tell you where you are on the waitlist so you just have to wait. I’m really hoping to get off the “high tier” waitlist but it’s such a small cohort and I have no idea how big the waitlist is. 🙁I was waitlisted there this year again too .-. I think it’s just really hard to get into Long Beach since they receive so many applications, they don’t hold interviews, and they don’t have supplemental essays questions. Since so many people applying to PT school have similar test scores and grades, I feel like there’s not much to set Long Beach applicants apart so I feel like their admittance is kind of a raffle /:
soontobedoctorpt
New Member
I just got waitlisted to USC's residential program, anybody know the chances of getting off of the waitlist?
Did they email you?I just got waitlisted to USC's residential program, anybody know the chances of getting off of the waitlist?
soontobedoctorpt
New Member
yeah, i got the email yesterdayDid they email you?
Any acceptances out there for CSUN? My friend just received a rejection letter from CSUN today. I wanted to know if they sent out acceptances too.
My bf got his acceptance already from csun! so i believe some have came out already. He's committing to CSUN as his final decision. I believe he got his acceptance the last week of january, the 29th specifically. they might be spacing out their acceptances 🙂Oh wow they're sending out their decisions already?! I was thinking they would get back to us in like 2 weeks. Thanks for updating us, and no, I haven't heard anything yet but would love to know if anyone else has
Acceptances: Western, USC residential and hybrid, Chapman Fall, MSMU, CSU Northridge
Last edited:
He got his acceptance for the DPT program? I know lots of people have gotten acceptances from CSUN but its mainly for undergrads.My bf got his acceptance already from csun! so i believe they came out already. He's committing to CSUN as his final decision. I believe he got his acceptance the last week of january, the 29th specifically
Acceptances: Western, USC residential and hybrid, Chapman Fall, MSMU, CSU Northridge
Hi! yeahhhh he got his acceptance to csun dpt 🙂 He already goes to their undergrad and is graduating this springHe got his acceptance for the DPT program? I know lots of people have gotten acceptances from CSUN but its mainly for undergrads.
Last edited:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?just got my acceptance email for CSUN DPT class 66 yesterday!
Sure!Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
GPA: 3.92, prereqGPA: 3.9.
GRE: 158V, 157Q, 4.0W
Hours: 500 hours as an aide in an outpatient clinic, 20 hours observing inpatient, 10 observing acute rehab. And then working fulltime as a tech during this gap year.
Experiences: ASB leadership, student body chaplain, RA, study abroad in Israel, leading a student Global Outreach team on a 7 week trip in South Africa, taught a 1st grade class at church for 2 years.
LOR: 1 from my professor (chair of the kines dept), 1 from my boss (clinical director/DPT) and 1 from another DPT (CSUN grad).
Applied: UNC-CH, Cal State Northridge
Accepted: UNC, CSUN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NopeHas anyone heard back from West Coast yet since the interview?
trainxchoo
Full Member
I'm going to drop UCSF for CSULB, good luck to whoever gets the spot 🙂
I thought I saw one person in this thread did last week.Has anyone gotten off of the waitlist at CSULB?
I haven’t heard anything... keep me posted if you doHas anyone heard back from West Coast yet since the interview?
When is the deadline to respond for CSULB?Got a notification that I was taken off the waitlist for CSULB and offered admission, but will be declining to instead go to UCSF. Hope the spot goes to someone here on this thread!!
dpt_please
Full Member
If anyone is waiting to hear back from MSMU, I just called to ask about my application and was told I am on the waitlist. Annoying that I have heard nothing from them since I applied in September.
Last edited:
Did they give you a rank at all? I havent heard from them yet, Its weird they dont email us to say were on the waitlist.If anyone is waiting to here back from MSMU, I just called to ask about my application and was told I am on the waitlist. Annoying that I have heard nothing from them since I applied in September.
SherwinT
New Member
No I applied December 11th still haven't heard backIs anyone still waiting to hear back from USC? :/
Haven't received anything from them
dpt_please
Full Member
No rank, the guy said that if a spot opens up they evaluate everyone on the WL. There isn't any ranks.Did they give you a rank at all? I havent heard from them yet, Its weird they dont email us to say were on the waitlist.
dpt_please
Full Member
Haven't heard anything either and I applied mid Sept.No I applied December 11th still haven't heard back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dpt_please
Full Member
did they email you?waitlisted for USC 2/16
trainxchoo
Full Member
Which program would you choose if you got into all of them?Accepted to UCSF from the waitlist on 2/18. I'll most likely reject my seat at Samuel Merritt. I'm still waiting to hear from CSUN, and CSULB (high-tier waitlist)
That is a tough question! I'm fortunate to be from the Bay, so it's hard to pass up the proximity and lower COL (at least for me) by choosing UCSF. They also have great research and academic opportunities. But I'd also consider CSULB for the same.Which program would you choose if you got into all of them?
Did you hear back from them by any chance, if you were accepted? 😭got an interview with UOP! anyone know anything about them??