California fellowships and job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinktv

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can people comment on the cytology, surgical, and surgical subspecialty pathology fellowships at these California programs (Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, USC, Cedars)? And the job market in Socal and Norcal?

Members don't see this ad.

Can people comment on the cytology, surgical, and surgical subspecialty pathology fellowships at these California programs (Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, USC, Cedars)? And the job market in Socal and Norcal?

I was told by a friend of starting salary in SoCal. It is lower than other regions in the US I would say. There are previous posts in regards to the UCLA, UCSF and Stanford surgical pathology fellowships.

Im not aware of any good career type positions available in California atm. Most of the advertised spots are the revolving door positions of failure where 10 different staff pathologists have occupied them in the last 10 years.

If I was looking at fellowship and eventual job opportunities, I would steer completely clear of California for at least the next 2 decades and allow the aging powerbase that corrupts the top of the foodchain to die off.

Im not aware of any good career type positions available in California atm. Most of the advertised spots are the revolving door positions of failure where 10 different staff pathologists have occupied them in the last 10 years.

If I was looking at fellowship and eventual job opportunities, I would steer completely clear of California for at least the next 2 decades and allow the aging powerbase that corrupts the top of the foodchain to die off.
Absolutely true for much of pathology. Top heavy with greed and bottom heavy with sheep.