California Jobs

Started by pharm4312
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm4312

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello
I hear a lot of people on these boards say California is saturated all over. However, I also hear a lot of anectodal stories from students in my area (metropolitan Northeast) say there are jobs in Cali in retail that the chains are trying to recruit for. Whats the real situation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Central Coast of California has quite a few openings. Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Lompoc apparently need pharmacists now.
 
If California can maintain law and order in those regions, and if you make a significant amount after the outrageous taxes.. then maybe

But I have my doubts about both and even the availability of pretty girls
 
Last edited:
The Central Coast of California has quite a few openings. Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Lompoc apparently need pharmacists now.

I like SLO...I'd consider retiring on the central coast. But for a 20-something male pharmacist it's probably not a great place to be, unless you can bed some Cal Poly students or something :naughty:
 
Go to valley: Fresno -> Bakersfield. There's need for a LOT of pharmacists there.

There are. .... Didn't some of our classmates go work in friggin porterville, that's more ghetto than bako.


Here's the straight poop on jobs in CA, especially OC/LA.

Retail is toughest for everyone, a new grad is practically as qualified as someone experienced. Experienced retail pharmacist will have it the worst when the new schools dump out their students.

Hospital, it's no longer the times when having a residency got you a job. Tons of pgy1 grads still looking for jobs in LA/OC. For someone experienced, a couple of years of experience at major hospitals elsewhere, looked for a job in OC/LA. Four job offers in a 1 month span from hospitals in LA/OC, not the outskirts like IE or Palmdale.
 
I'm from the East Coast and just got offered a job in the Bay Area, so I guess there are jobs there. I guess jobs in saturated areas exist, if you're in the right place at the right time. Of course, jobs in some areas are easier to get than in other areas, and that goes for both the East and West coasts.
 
I'm from the East Coast and just got offered a job in the Bay Area, so I guess there are jobs there. I guess jobs in saturated areas exist, if you're in the right place at the right time. Of course, jobs in some areas are easier to get than in other areas, and that goes for both the East and West coasts.

Congrats! I though you were sticking around metro Philly...are you heading out to the Bay Area?
 
Congrats! I though you were sticking around metro Philly...are you heading out to the Bay Area?

Yep. I currently have a temporary job in Philly, but I should be heading out to Bay Area in mid September. I really don't care where I move, as long as it's a city, and the Bay Area seems like a really nice place to live.