California Love: Where we know global warming isn't caused by trees!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the Texans can do a thread about Texas medical schools and hotcakes we can do one too, only better.

Members don't see this ad.

If the Texans can do a thread about Texas medical schools and hotcakes we can do one too, only better.

you don't get it. our schools are so great, that they each deserve multiple forums, which TX doesn't have. we can't talk about all of our great schools on one forum. maybe if you did socal and norcal... but even then... you think you can get UCSF, Stanford and UCLA into one room? hells no.

I'm down. I'm cali born and raised and I'm hoping with news in the next two weeks, I"ll be able to go home for good. Can't wait to drive down highway 1 again. (no not the 101....if you've ever driven down 101 you'll know ifs *****ing awful).

Members don't see this ad :)
you california softies, you. :smuggrin:

Softies?!? We Californians have a hard job to do...upholding the environmental integrity of the nation while surfing to school everyday...it's tough work!:mad:

I'm down. I'm cali born and raised and I'm hoping with news in the next two weeks, I"ll be able to go home for good. Can't wait to drive down highway 1 again. (no not the 101....if you've ever driven down 101 you'll know ifs *****ing awful).

actually 101 in the san francisco area, particularly going towards the san mateo bridge, is actually a pretty pleasant drive. it's one where i average 95 mph.

Well i'm a cali girl born and raised, i was born in tank tops and flip flops and i will die with them :) Spent the last three years by the 405 (talk about traffic and pollution) but apparently i've had more than my fair share of sunshine and CA just doesn't want me anymore *tear*, but alas i shall be back...eventually...hopefully

actually 101 in the san francisco area, particularly going towards the san mateo bridge, is actually a pretty pleasant drive. it's one where i average 95 mph.

No way man, nothing beat 280 in the bay. 280 has crystal springs reserve and the fog rolling over the hills. 101 has the aftermath of the dot com buzz....and Ikea.

No way man, nothing beat 280 in the bay. 280 has crystal springs reserve and the fog rolling over the hills. 101 has the aftermath of the dot com buzz....and Ikea.

Yep- 280 past the resevoir- traffic is always moving faster than the 101.

you california softies, you. :smuggrin:

Haha, yeah, please let us know when you reach over five threads of 1000+ posts...plus the other random ones that pop up once in a while about Texas waitlists and withdrawals, which aren't included in the big threads.

You guys from California are still bitter because a Texas football team came in on your turf, and won the national championship. When will you guys finally get over it? It was only a game!!:laugh:

Hey, don't belittle yourselves by trying to compete with Texas. You've already won -- it's not like there's any contest. :)

Just don't move to Oregon. Californians are always raising the real estate values in pdx and still bitching about the rain. :mad:

You guys from California are still bitter because a Texas football team came in on your turf, and won the national championship. When will you guys finally get over it? It was only a game!!:laugh:

Yes, that football victory seals the deal. Screw beautiful beaches, mountains, nice weather, liberals (;) ) -- all things that make life nice. Football -- that's how you determine how good a state is. :rolleyes: :)

Hell, by that logic Oklahoma rocks, and believe me, Oklahoma doesn't win anything except having the most smokers, the most poor people, and the most fat people. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, don't belittle yourselves by trying to compete with Texas. You've already won -- it's not like there's any contest. :)

I just spit coffee all over my screen reading that. :laugh: My day is made brighter with your sense of humor.

you don't get it. our schools are so great, that they each deserve multiple forums, which TX doesn't have. we can't talk about all of our great schools on one forum. maybe if you did socal and norcal... but even then... you think you can get UCSF, Stanford and UCLA into one room? hells no.

Ain't no WAY UCLA is "Nor Cal". Sorry.

It'd end up being UCSF/Stanford/UCD and UCLA/USC/UCSD/UCI. But hell, both of THOSE groups are way too much to talk about as they are. The only option - make a thread for every single school. Yes, I'm aware I'm ignoring a few of the private schools, but I can't remember them all. :)

PS. We *could* do the "How many schools do you have in the top 20?" thing vs. Texas, but I think most of us Californians have a little more class than that.

What happened to your team this year? Oh thats right they lost Young and blew dick hard.
You also have a worthless piece of crap coach who doesnt mind voting his team #1 just to get into a BCS game.

Cal ripped Texas A&M a new a-hole in their game this year. Texas doesnt have much to brag about if you ask me.

Yes, that football victory seals the deal. Screw beautiful beaches, mountains, nice weather, liberals (;) ) -- all things that make life nice. Football -- that's how you determine how good a state is. :rolleyes: :)

Hell, by that logic Oklahoma rocks, and believe me, Oklahoma doesn't win anything except having the most smokers, the most poor people, and the most fat people. :D

How many times has USC won it? Also you are talking about a game that happened two years ago. At least USC doesnt fall into the unranked following a championship run.:rolleyes:

How many times has USC won it? Also you are talking about a game that happened two years ago. At least USC doesnt fall into the unranked following a championship run.:rolleyes:

Dude, I'm not talking about any game. I don't actually watch football or pay attention to who wins, hence my assertion that it's a stupid reason to feel good about your state. Too bad you fell into the trap. :rolleyes:

Dude, I'm not talking about any game. I don't actually watch football or pay attention to who wins, hence my assertion that it's a stupid reason to feel good about your state. Too bad you fell into the trap. :rolleyes:

I feel great about my state no matter what. Not much of a trap if you ask me :sleep:

I feel great about my state no matter what. Not much of a trap if you ask me :sleep:

ugh. guys with all this state vs. state patriotism you're forgetting what's most important about us all:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skch4zKdKbc[/YOUTUBE]

Well, good for you. I just don't dig the being an a&&hole for no good reason, which seems to be your style.

Talk about softies. How were any of my statements of fact me being an dingus? :sleep:

Ok back on track. What Ca medical schools are people sure they are attending

Nothing beats the drive on the 5 from OC to San Diego...not a lot of traffic on the weekends (except at Del Mar) and driving next to the beach makes me happy. :love:

Nothing beats the drive on the 5 from OC to San Diego...not a lot of traffic on the weekends (except at Del Mar) and driving next to the beach makes me happy. :love:

How long does it take to do costal driving from SF to SD?

Talk about softies. How were any of my statements of fact me being an dingus? :sleep:

Okay, so I made some comment about football being a stupid measure for state worthiness and used my state as an example. We have a good football team but are generally a cr@ppy state. You totally misread (or misunderstood or something) my comment and decided to get into some pissing contest about which state has a better football team, which is entirely beside the point and just plain obnoxious. That's being an a&&hole.

Taking the coast all the way down would take a while...

I did that drive on the 5 last year and it was a little over 7 hours.

I just spit coffee all over my screen reading that. :laugh: My day is made brighter with your sense of humor.

weather, economy, real estate, education, beaches

take your pick.

I agree with SF... 280 is really pretty...
I also vote for Highway 1... the coastal views from big sur, carmel are just unbeatable !!!

So who is going to the 3 up coming Rage Against the Machine concerts here in Ca. Something you wont find in Texas :)

So who is going to the 3 up coming Rage Against the Machine concerts here in Ca. Something you wont find in Texas :)

I suppose you could go to Texas for some famous BBQ...

.... grillin' in the name of....

I wish I could go, but the tickets are too expensive :(

I was born in LA. Does that count?

ugh. guys with all this state vs. state patriotism you're forgetting what's most important about us all:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skch4zKdKbc[/YOUTUBE]

mr show is amazing.

Half of California doesn't like the other half and the other half doesn't care. That's why you can't have a California thread.

Half of California doesn't like the other half and the other half doesn't care. That's why you can't have a California thread.

true dat. there is no state patriotism but it sure is crowded.

Haha, yeah, please let us know when you reach over five threads of 1000+ posts...plus the other random ones that pop up once in a while about Texas waitlists and withdrawals, which aren't included in the big threads.

Texas is evil ;) You couldn't PAY me to go to school there!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: