california medical license & usmle step 1-3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bloocanary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that you have to retake steps 1-3 if you want to practice in California ... silly rumor or silly fact?

Thanks,
b

Members don't see this ad.

bloocanary said:
I heard somewhere that you have to retake steps 1-3 if you want to practice in California ... silly rumor or silly fact?

Thanks,
b
:confused: Under what circumstances? The only limitation that I know of is a 10 yr limit to complete all the exams...so if you've passed all 3 w/i a 10 yr period, then there should be no problem...

goldengate said:
:confused: Under what circumstances? The only limitation that I know of is a 10 yr limit to complete all the exams...so if you've passed all 3 w/i a 10 yr period, then there should be no problem...

I have no idea ... like I said, could be a rumor. I'm talking about out-of-staters though. Is the 10-yr rule "all 3 within 10 years," or "taken within 10 years"?

I went to their freakin' web site and it was impossible to glean any useful info from it. Then they direct you to the actual code, which of course is written in legalese, and refers to some other code that doesn't seem to exist. What the ...

Thanks,
b