California Northstate for fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1stpharma

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has applied to Northstate heard back for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I submitted my application Oct 19th and was contacted Nov 8th via email for an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got asked to interview! Do you guys know anything about the area? I'm trying to decide if I should accept it. I live in Tampa, FL and have never been to Cali. I have one interview for Mercer in GA on Feb. 2nd so far and still waiting back on 4 schools ( 3 FL and 1 CO). What do you guys think??

Just got asked to interview! Do you guys know anything about the area? I'm trying to decide if I should accept it. I live in Tampa, FL and have never been to Cali. I have one interview for Mercer in GA on Feb. 2nd so far and still waiting back on 4 schools ( 3 FL and 1 CO). What do you guys think??
It's in CA so it's VERY overpriced. I'm a CA native myself and have not applied to any CA schools.. lols just something for you to consider. Also, last I heard, the school does not provide FAFSA.

Reactions: 1 users
It's in CA so it's VERY overpriced. I'm a CA native myself and have not applied to any CA schools.. lols just something for you to consider. Also, last I heard, the school does not provide FAFSA.
Yeah definitely not taking it.. thank you! Which schools did you apply for?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah definitely not taking it.. thank you! Which schools did you apply for?
I applied for LECOM, Texas Tech, U of U, and WSU. What about you? Have you heard back from any other schools aside from the ones you noted above?

I received my offer of acceptance back in mid-Decmeber for Northstate. Because of the private loans, I might be looking elsewhere.

hello fellow candidates...if you have any questions about california northstate school of pharmacy.. message me :)

DO NOT GO TO NORTHSTATE. Do not make the same mistake I did. I'm near completion of the program, but my amount of loans is insane. My interest rates, thanks to SallieMae, are way too high. Also, the school only allows you to get loans via three options and that's it.

Academically, I am performing well, but I teach myself everything. When I chose to go here, I liked their team based learning but in reality it just leaves you relying on others to pick up the slack. I know because my teams just relied on me and my grades fell on team projects when they were unable to perform. Some teachers are great, but others are completely useless. The amount of turnover in this school is ridiculous when it comes to professors. Anyone who is good comes here to get their experience and then leaves, which I don't blame them for. There is one professor who no longer holds her PharmD license. She was self medicating and all sorts of messed up and she will be your teacher for a couple semesters. Overall, students perform well because of the team based learning. If you have a C in a class and your team grade is high, your overall grade will be bumped to a B. This sounds great, but I don't like the fact that someone who gets Cs can be bumped up to a high B with such ease.

The administration is THE GREATEST downfall of this school. I sincerely wished they gave a damn about the students. One class had a very intense battle with the administration regarding federal loans and the school president's response was, "We are running a business, not a charity!" That same president and his minions will stand before you several times every year to talk about how much they care for you and provide you with the best tools to become great pharmacists. Also, if you are vocal about your disagreements with the school or get on someone's bad side, you will be singled out every chance they get. My best friend always got written up for something wrong with her attire when there were people wearing tennis shoes and leggings to work. This was all because one faculty member didn't like her.

Also, you will graduate in the school's parking lot. It's a shame that after paying all that money to go to this school, you end up graduating IN A PARKING LOT. There was even word that the dean wanted to combine the pharmacy class of 2019's graduation with the graduation of the first class of medicine. That's how little respect you get. In an effort to save some money, they wont even let you graduate with dignity.

My greatest joy is that I am leaving this school and I plan to stay as far away as possible from this toxic hell hole. Should you choose to go here, I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: 4 users
DO NOT GO TO NORTHSTATE. Do not make the same mistake I did. I'm near completion of the program, but my amount of loans is insane. My interest rates, thanks to SallieMae, are way too high. Also, the school only allows you to get loans via three options and that's it.

Academically, I am performing well, but I teach myself everything. When I chose to go here, I liked their team based learning but in reality it just leaves you relying on others to pick up the slack. I know because my teams just relied on me and my grades fell on team projects when they were unable to perform. Some teachers are great, but others are completely useless. The amount of turnover in this school is ridiculous when it comes to professors. Anyone who is good comes here to get their experience and then leaves, which I don't blame them for. There is one professor who no longer holds her PharmD license. She was self medicating and all sorts of messed up and she will be your teacher for a couple semesters. Overall, students perform well because of the team based learning. If you have a C in a class and your team grade is high, your overall grade will be bumped to a B. This sounds great, but I don't like the fact that someone who gets Cs can be bumped up to a high B with such ease.

The administration is THE GREATEST downfall of this school. I sincerely wished they gave a damn about the students. One class had a very intense battle with the administration regarding federal loans and the school president's response was, "We are running a business, not a charity!" That same president and his minions will stand before you several times every year to talk about how much they care for you and provide you with the best tools to become great pharmacists. Also, if you are vocal about your disagreements with the school or get on someone's bad side, you will be singled out every chance they get. My best friend always got written up for something wrong with her attire when there were people wearing tennis shoes and leggings to work. This was all because one faculty member didn't like her.

Also, you will graduate in the school's parking lot. It's a shame that after paying all that money to go to this school, you end up graduating IN A PARKING LOT. There was even word that the dean wanted to combine the pharmacy class of 2019's graduation with the graduation of the first class of medicine. That's how little respect you get. In an effort to save some money, they wont even let you graduate with dignity.

My greatest joy is that I am leaving this school and I plan to stay as far away as possible from this toxic hell hole. Should you choose to go here, I wish you the best of luck.

Can you message me? I have an interview at CNUSOM and I'm really concerned about a lot of the things you said.

Can you message me? I have an interview at CNUSOM and I'm really concerned about a lot of the things you said.
Hi! For some reason, the messenger wont allow me to contact you. Please send me a message with any questions you may have.

hello fellow candidates...if you have any questions about california northstate school of pharmacy.. message me :)

Hi are you a student at California Northstate? I am considering Northstate but would like to learn a little more, like daily life, class schedule, exam schedules, are there classes on fridays? Are they exams every week, other week? How is the program overall.

Please send me a direct message if possible. I would really appreciate it.

Does anyone who is already in pharmacy school know what math subject will help prepare you for the pharmaceutical calculation class? any suggestions will help. I took all math courses long time ago, so I was wondering if I should take any refresher courses.

thanks in advance.

Does anyone who is already in pharmacy school know what math subject will help prepare you for the pharmaceutical calculation class? any suggestions will help. I took all math courses long time ago, so I was wondering if I should take any refresher courses.

thanks in advance.

You really only need to know basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). The real trick to pharmacy calculation is identifying the pertinent information to use and knowing the right approach to solving a problem, which you'll learn in class and in studying.

You really only need to know basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division). The real trick to pharmacy calculation is identifying the pertinent information to use and knowing the right approach to solving a problem, which you'll learn in class and in studying.

Thank you for your respond. Really appreciate it.

Was this a flipped program? How was exams given? Every week, other week? How was TBL overall