California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what does your last name start with? It was a huge applicant pool, so I'm sure it takes time to get through all of that. And besides why wouldn't they send out the denied emails all at once?

i heard back today at 10 am! if you didnt hear back by now, youre probably denied or your file got lost somehwere. i would suggest calling tomorrow morning :(
what does your last name start with? It was a huge applicant pool, so I'm sure it takes a while to get through it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meh. Yeah, totally not worried about it. I got in several schools on the East Coast, so I have options! Thanks for answering my questions!

i heard back today at 10 am! if you didnt hear back by now, youre probably denied or your file got lost somehwere. i would suggest calling tomorrow morning :(

Hi linda22goldrocks,

Please stay out of our business. I didn't want to tell you but you're just a jerk. On other threads you said that you got accepted to Western and USC, and here earlier you said that you got accepted to Northstate already and wonder if you want to put down deposit... So, stop messing around

what does your last name start with? It was a huge applicant pool, so I'm sure it takes time to get through all of that. And besides why wouldn't they send out the denied emails all at once?
Hi Harmeet,

Don't listen to linda22goldrocks, she's messing around. Go to Western U and USC to see what I'm talking about.
Btw, I got accepted to Northstate for the Nov. 8 interview. Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Harmeet,

Don't listen to linda22goldrocks, she's messing around. Go to Western U and USC to see what I'm talking about.
Btw, I got accepted to Northstate for the Nov. 8 interview. Goodluck!
awww! Thanks so much! I appreciate it! =) and Congratulations!

why is everyone so jealous of my success? i really dont understand it. i just want to be friends with everyone :( you guys are making me sad :( maybe i should just drop out of pharmacy school

Awwwww, poor baby!!! would you like some encouragement?

How do you pay the down payment? Is it possible to pay with a credit card? Also can I fax in the enrollment agreement?

How do you pay the down payment? Is it possible to pay with a credit card? Also can I fax in the enrollment agreement?
I'm sending a check tomorrow, by mail. I also will send all documents by mails too

Has anyone heard back from the December 6th 2013 interview day? Any good or bad news?
Hello. I interviewed on that day and just today received a call about my acceptance. The person said that I should be receiving the official letter in the mail sometime next week. I am truly excited and blessed for the opportunity. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
As for the pre reqs, are labs required for microbio and anatomy?

As for the pre reqs, are labs required for microbio and anatomy?
I think as long as you fulfill the number of semester hours/quarter hours required, it should be alright. I'd ask to make sure though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know for sure if they are moving to elk grove by next year?
I need to start making plans of transferring to a retail chain near there and apartment hunting and such. I saw on their website for housing, a lot of elk grove choices and says "within 1 mile from school". Is it safe to assume yes?

does anyone know for sure if they are moving to elk grove by next year?
I need to start making plans of transferring to a retail chain near there and apartment hunting and such. I saw on their website for housing, a lot of elk grove choices and says "within 1 mile from school". Is it safe to assume yes?
Yes, they're moving. It's going to be in the same building as the new med school and you can find the elk grove address of the school in the Northstate med school website. I'm 100% sure since during my interview, they were saying they've already prepared to move and incoming students of 2014 will be in the new location.

hey everyone, i am interviewing on jan 17th. Anyone else interviewing that day? and also for those who are already interview, if you could share what the interview was like?

EDIT:

Woops, guys I just submitted my supplemental application to this school. I realized that I never uploaded it when I got sidetracked with submitting my payment fee.

Hopefully I will get an invitation soon!! *crosses fingers*

They probably already looked at my PharmCAS because I submitted that several months ago.

I hope that this does not decrease my chances! We shall see.

Good luck to everyone else on their interviews. :)

Last edited:
On Wednesday this week, I got an interview invitation for February 28th, so other people's invites should be coming around this time too! Good luck everyone!

Do you guys think we should start making a facebook group for the class of 2018? I mean the people who put down the deposit and are for sure going. Just to start getting to know each other? Or is it too soon?

Do you guys think we should start making a facebook group for the class of 2018? I mean the people who put down the deposit and are for sure going. Just to start getting to know each other? Or is it too soon?

We should! It's pretty late in the cycle now :D

This thread has been quiet, anyone get a call from Jason today?

I never got a reply from this school!....I will most likely be going to Touro, CA though. ;)

Did anyone send in their secondary recently like me??

For those of you who already got interview invites, was your interview scheduled within the same week/month of getting your invite. I know that schools interview until April but want to know if those getting invites now in January are actually scheduling for Feb, or are are scheduling later in March-APril

I was wondering if anyone knows about what kind of loans are available for this school because I read they don't offer federal loans.

Edit: they offer private loans through the school.

Last edited:
Did anyone send in their secondary recently like me??

For those of you who already got interview invites, was your interview scheduled within the same week/month of getting your invite. I know that schools interview until April but want to know if those getting invites now in January are actually scheduling for Feb, or are are scheduling later in March-APril

Sent my secondary in on Dec. 21st
Interview invite on Jan. 10th
Interview scheduled for Feb. 28th

They gave me an option to schedule the interview on Feb 28th or March 28th so there's still an interview in March.

Good luck!!

Sent my secondary in on Dec. 21st
Interview invite on Jan. 10th
Interview scheduled for Feb. 28th

They gave me an option to schedule the interview on Feb 28th or March 28th so there's still an interview in March.

Good luck!!

Wow, great! Thank you for your reply and congrats on your interview! Please let me get the March one like you said!

Is it too late to apply here?
You still have time. The pharmCAS deadline is March 3rd and supplemental application is April 30th. They hold interviews through May. Good luck!

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today, I interviewed January 17. Good luck to everyone else!

Has anyone received an interview invite lately? I submitted my secondary about last week and was wondering if that was way to late!

You still have time. The pharmCAS deadline is March 3rd and supplemental application is April 30th. They hold interviews through May. Good luck!
Oh great! Thx. Have you been accepted or still waiting?

Hey everyone, I'm a first year student at CNUCOP and I could answer some of the questions.

It means you still have a shot! A lot of people who get accepted are put on the waitlist first. There's a high waitlist and a normal waitlist. They take people from the high waitlist first. I was on the normal waitlist and was accepted. I was accepted in August, 10 days before classes started. So don't start panicking yet, there's still a lot of time left.

Also, never ever ask which waitlist you are on or where you are on the waitlist.

Don't panic and get all sweaty like I did. Just be calm. The anticipation is worse than the actual interview.

It's not late. Still pretty early in my opinion. I think we have interviews every month all the way through May. I had mine in April.

Hi Davo1021, is the interview one-0n-one or it's a panel? And, does your performance in the team-based learning exercise in the beginning of the interview will contribute to the admission decision?

It's one faculty and one student. They said your performance in the team-based learning exercise doesn't contribute to the admission decision and you don't turn in your work. I enjoyed the team based learning exercise, it allowed me to get to know some people better that weren't in my tour group. It's pretty relaxed so don't stress about it at all, seriously.

It's one faculty and one student. They said your performance in the team-based learning exercise doesn't contribute to the admission decision and you don't turn in your work. I enjoyed the team based learning exercise, it allowed me to get to know some people better that weren't in my tour group. It's pretty relaxed so don't stress about it at all, seriously.

Thanks Darkened, how long does the interview itself take? and approximately How many questions are there?

I think it was 20-30 minutes? I forgot, and there weren't too many, probably 6-8 ish. Everyone is different, depends on how long your answers are and how the conversation flows.

Hi everyone! just recently got accepted whoo hooo! does anyone know/ has heard of when the school will potentially get approved for federal loans?? its looking like a load of dough to go here on private :( and i kept reading of a lawsuit..? whats all that junk about? D:

Does this school interview every day? And will it be hard for me to get into this school if I submit my supplemental during April? My GPA is 3.3 and I have a mix of pharmacy/research/club/leadership experiences. I want to submit earlier but I have some reasons why I can't apply until almost at the deadline.

umm i personally think you still have a good shot as the average gpa for students accepted is around 3.05 and you have a good extracurricular background. Also, the school and the interviews emphasis is really based on judgement of your character, so if you get an interview and ace it im sure you'll get in! An average of 200-250 usually get accepted, but about half either resign their seat or decline, so still room for more at this time i believe. At worst, you may be placed on the waitlist, but with a good interview a high position is very probable? :)

Thank you for your response. I was wondering because, based on the forums, it looks like they accepted a lot of people already @_@.

I'm withdrawing my acceptance soo good luck to everyone!

Hi, did anyone set up an immunization tracker yet? I'm not quite sure how to set one up!

^Same. Did anyone do the background check also? :S I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. If anyone can give me more information, that'd be great. Thank you!