California Nursing School Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jassmina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am currently a Canadian citizen attending a California Community College in my second year with the goal of getting my BSN at UCI, and ultimately going to grad school. I am in the midst of finishing up my prerequisites and my GPA has remained at an average 3.76; hopefully I can get it in the 3.8 region before I begin my application.
I understand that transferring into a UC Nursing program is very competitive and I was hoping I could get some advice in ways I could jack up my application.

Current ECs/achievements:
-Deans List
- Cancer Board of Hope for 6 years
- Haiti Justice and Awareness Committee for 1 year (Also includes a 7 day mission trip to Haiti)
- About 500 hours of Volunteer Hours (non clinical)
- Volunteer of the Year Award Nominee in 2009/2010
- Completed French Immersion (OSSD)

I plan on volunteering at a hospital this year for some clinical volunteer hours.
I would love to hear any recommendations on what I could do to increase my chances of acceptance!
Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I am currently a Canadian citizen attending a California Community College in my second year with the goal of getting my BSN at UCI, and ultimately going to grad school. I am in the midst of finishing up my prerequisites and my GPA has remained at an average 3.76; hopefully I can get it in the 3.8 region before I begin my application.
I understand that transferring into a UC Nursing program is very competitive and I was hoping I could get some advice in ways I could jack up my application.

Current ECs/achievements:
-Deans List
- Cancer Board of Hope for 6 years
- Haiti Justice and Awareness Committee for 1 year (Also includes a 7 day mission trip to Haiti)
- About 500 hours of Volunteer Hours (non clinical)
- Volunteer of the Year Award Nominee in 2009/2010
- Completed French Immersion (OSSD)

I plan on volunteering at a hospital this year for some clinical volunteer hours.
I would love to hear any recommendations on what I could do to increase my chances of acceptance!
Much appreciated.

Are you asking for nursing school advice? If so, I think you're in the wrong place.

Haha thanks, I thought I would give it a shot since there might be some people who went for there BSN and later applied to medical school.