California program PGY2 opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

littlestar71

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone on reddit was spamming that there is a PGY 2 spot open in a Los Angeles program starting June 2024, saying not to apply there for “malignant culture.”
Not sure the exact reason of opening but I didn’t think “malignant” culture was the cause of this opening. I think their program is doing better overall in resident satisfaction, but I could be wrong. Would be interested to hear everyone’s thoughts on this.
 
USC has a known history of being malignant. Reason for the opening was a suicide attempt.
If you can get into ophthalmology, do not waste it by committing suicide. That is really dumb.

If you can't get into ophthalmology, that's also not a good reason for suicide.

Don't do it. I know a resident that did it. So sad.