Glaucoma fellowship program comparison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IdntC

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks,
I’m stuck on ranking 3 glaucoma fellowship programs:
1. GAASS (Ike Ahmed) / 2. Wills Eye / 3. UPMC
Do you have any insights into how hands-on these programs are? Specifically, are the staff at Wills Eye generous in allowing fellows to perform cases on their own, or is it more of a program where you mainly watch the staff do the surgery? Also, do they teach fellows complex anterior segment procedures like in the GAASS fellowship?
For me, location isn’t a big factor—I value the program’s reputation and surgical volume more.
I appreciate any insights you can offer!