California Psychology License Course Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuro_focus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I am trying to apply for the California psychology licensure as an out-of-state applicant. The website lists a number of courses that you have to complete before you can obtain a license. My question is: if one hasn't completed those courses as part of their doctoral degree, where can they obtain CE courses that would help them meet those requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Search the forum, this question comes up regularly. Iirc, all but 1 of the courses can be completed in self-study mode. There are several CE providers who cater to this need, and the marketplace shifts often so be sure to double check the course meets the requirements. It’s been several years since I completed mine and Ive heard people having success here, but it might be costly. Pre-Licensure-Licensing Online CEs for CA psychologists, MFTs, counselors, LPC & social workers

Hi guys

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I am trying to apply for the California psychology licensure as an out-of-state applicant. The website lists a number of courses that you have to complete before you can obtain a license. My question is: if one hasn't completed those courses as part of their doctoral degree, where can they obtain CE courses that would help them meet those requirements.

Thanks in advance.
You can complete all of the coursework on CE4Less except the substance use one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JFK used to offer the substance abuse one online as a self-study, but I’m not sure if that’s still true (I was licensed some years back). Zur Institute also offers some of the courses.

Thanks for the responses. Would any of you also be willing to share how (and how much time!) you prepared for the CPLEE exam?

Thanks for the responses. Would any of you also be willing to share how (and how much time!) you prepared for the CPLEE exam?
I had Psychprep written materials and an audio CD that came with it, I think. I studied for 2 weeks. I had no practice exams because my materials were used. My method was to take notes as I read the materials and then listen to the CD, if I recall correctly.