Call dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdent111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not receive any pre december interviews and I applied in july and got my official DAT scores accepted mid august. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to call the dental schools I applied to saying that I am extremely interested in attending or would it be better to just wait it out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it would be more formal to write an update/letter of interest to each school and tailor it to the highlights of the school and why you would like to attend their program.

Reactions: 1 users
I would call them and ask if you can update your app on your recent activities. This way they’ll make a note that you’re interested in the school. That’s what I did and they extended an interview offer! ^__^ Honestly be patient and and persistent and update the school once every 3 or 4 weeks if you have anything new on your app! Best of luck!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would be more formal to write an update/letter of interest to each school and tailor it to the highlights of the school and why you would like to attend their program.

I agree with above
do not call...

Who would these letters be sent to? I had the same question as OP!

Who would these letters be sent to? I had the same question as OP!
Address the letters to the schools Admissions Committee and send an email to the schools Admissions Office and the Director/Dean of Admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
Address the letters to the schools Admissions Committee and send an email to the schools Admissions Office and the Director/Dean of Admissions.

Can you send a letter of intent before asking for an application update/ status or do you ask for an update first?

Can you send a letter of intent before asking for an application update/ status or do you ask for an update first?
Mhm... I've never called a school to check on the update of my app personally because I find it a bit awkward but you can first send the letter of intent and then follow up with the school by calling a few days or a week after. Just my opinion lol :)