Call to action: AA's in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing personal but this is politics. The ASA wants AA's to hurt CRNA's and lower salaries. We are going to fight like mad to prevent this. The AANA is a great organization and I support them 100%.

And you're 100% stupid, if anesthesia become a nursing activity do you think you're going to get paid 200k to push milk? you'll need to clean some serious $hit too for that kind of pay :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

If Anesthesia becomes 100% nursing then where does that leave you?:laugh:
I am a Nurse so if and when that happens I'll deal with it. In the mean time, I will ride the wave as long as it lasts and this is one big wave.:thumbup:

The AANA doesn't want AA's practicing in Texas or anywhere else. But, AA's can practice in a few States like Georgia so the current plan is containment.
I am a loyal member of the AANA and support keeping AA's out of most States.

Nothing personal but this is politics. The ASA wants AA's to hurt CRNA's and lower salaries. We are going to fight like mad to prevent this. The AANA is a great organization and I support them 100%.
Typical once again. Blind support of an unethical organization with few members capable of independent thought and reasoning. Have you read the NC papers in the last few weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Typical once again. Blind support of an unethical organization with few members capable of independent thought and reasoning. Have you read the NC papers in the last few weeks?

I am curious, what have the NC papers been saying. I am becoming more aware of the fight against AA's and me and some of my colleagues are wanting to help. I thought NC was one of the states that allowed AA's. I think I read somewhere that the AANA was using a smear campaign against them with the public, is that right?

I am curious, what have the NC papers been saying. I am becoming more aware of the fight against AA's and me and some of my colleagues are wanting to help. I thought NC was one of the states that allowed AA's. I think I read somewhere that the AANA was using a smear campaign against them with the public, is that right?

I thought the AANA won the first round in this battle to keep AA's out of North Carolina. I know there are more fights to come but score one for the AANA. You can expect the same in Texas and every state. The AANA is opposed to AA's (ASA lacky) in the operating room.

CRNA's are the true mid level providers and have over a hundred years in the USA. We are licensed in every state and can bill independently. The AA's are a failed ASA experiment by a few Anesthesiologists. The DNAP should be the icing on the cake.

CRNA's are cost-effective solo providers of anesthesia. With a few years of experience most of us can do the job solo. With a DNAP degree as the standard I expect many more CRNA's will look for Independent work as I have. The job is more rewarding and the pay exceptional. MANY ASA members make a small fortune off of us when we work in the ACT model.
But, after a few years of servitude some of us are very grateful to the AANA for getting 'Independent" billing rights for CRNA's.:thumbup:

If Anesthesia becomes 100% nursing then where does that leave you?:laugh:
I am a Nurse so if and when that happens I'll deal with it. In the mean time, I will ride the wave as long as it lasts and this is one big wave.:thumbup:

Back in the day, working for dot-com's and tech companies was the way to riches. Workers and landlords were forgoing boring cash for the new age money, stock options. Fast-forward after a tech bust and stock options scandal and stock options don't look so great anymore.

People have such short-term thinking. That wave may crash faster and harder than you think. At the end of the day, the anesthesiologists will be the ones left standing because you will always choose one over a nurse if the pay difference is negligible.

Back in the day, working for dot-com's and tech companies was the way to riches. Workers and landlords were forgoing boring cash for the new age money, stock options. Fast-forward after a tech bust and stock options scandal and stock options don't look so great anymore.

People have such short-term thinking. That wave may crash faster and harder than you think. At the end of the day, the anesthesiologists will be the ones left standing because you will always choose one over a nurse if the pay difference is negligible.

I will ALWAYS work for less than you. I know that but I am a Nurse so that is to be expected. You set the rate then I have to beat it. That is the way the game is played. In rural areas there is no competition so the rules are different.

I actually think it's a good sign when CRNA's come on this board and start taunting the anesthesiologists.

It's a sign that they're nervous that the anesthesiologists are finally "getting it".

I thought the AANA won the first round in this battle to keep AA's out of North Carolina. I know there are more fights to come but score one for the AANA. You can expect the same in Texas and every state. The AANA is opposed to AA's (ASA lacky) in the operating room.

CRNA's are the true mid level providers and have over a hundred years in the USA. We are licensed in every state and can bill independently. The AA's are a failed ASA experiment by a few Anesthesiologists. The DNAP should be the icing on the cake.

CRNA's are cost-effective solo providers of anesthesia. With a few years of experience most of us can do the job solo. With a DNAP degree as the standard I expect many more CRNA's will look for Independent work as I have. The job is more rewarding and the pay exceptional. MANY ASA members make a small fortune off of us when we work in the ACT model.
But, after a few years of servitude some of us are very grateful to the AANA for getting 'Independent" billing rights for CRNA's.:thumbup:

Well then MURSE, I think more and more Anesthesiologists are becoming aware of this fight and don't like what we see. We will get organized (we have been anesthetized :laugh: on this matter till now) as well as the AANA and I can promise you with the backing of the public we will win. Shame on the politicians of NC if what you say is true. They are apparantly lazy and did not do enough research on the matter and took it at face value.

NC does not allow AA's at present, thanks in large part to your friends and mine, the AANA, NCANA, and numerous individual CRNA's.

Several legislators in NC are under scrutiny or investigation for possible ethics or campaign finance violations after the AA bill was held up by the committee chairman despite it's being passed by an overwhelming vote of the healthcare committee, and despite it already passing the full senate.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/S...SJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350599729

Great link, JWK. Goes to show that CRNA's depend on corrupt politicians to advance their agenda.

NC does not allow AA's at present, thanks in large part to your friends and mine, the AANA, NCANA, and numerous individual CRNA's.

Several legislators in NC are under scrutiny or investigation for possible ethics or campaign finance violations after the AA bill was held up by the committee chairman despite it's being passed by an overwhelming vote of the healthcare committee, and despite it already passing the full senate.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/S...SJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350599729

I like a good fight as much as the next person. But I don't like a dirty one. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)

So were there any AA's practicing in NC at that time? If so where did they go or what happened to them? How did the Anesthesiologists handle the result of that?

All politicians are "dirty" to a degree. The smart ones don't get caught.
The AANA will need to fight harder to win round 2 but don't count us out.
We have won many battles with the ASA over the years and I expect to win many more.

Regardless of what you people think we are getting stronger every day. Many politicians view us as the "solution" and you as the "problem" when it comes to cost. We can do the job for much less than an MD and just as well. In fact, we are doing it every day across the USA. The AA lacky has no such "proof" and can only exist as your "boy" in the operating room.
CRNA's work in many locations SOLO and will continue to do so.

The AA experiment is dead and those of you (especially that Ether dude who is an Imus like idiot) can forget about closing CRNA schools. Just the opposite is happening across the USA. We are getting bigger and stronger but there is room enough for all of us anesthetists in the USA (for now).
Perhaps, you should be thinking how to work with the AANA and not against it?

Many politicians view us as the "solution" and you as the "problem" when it comes to cost.

How come the solution in costs (i.e., you) claims to make more money than one of us (johankriek)?

All politicians are "dirty" to a degree. The smart ones don't get caught.
The AANA will need to fight harder to win round 2 but don't count us out.
We have won many battles with the ASA over the years and I expect to win many more.

Regardless of what you people think we are getting stronger every day. Many politicians view us as the "solution" and you as the "problem" when it comes to cost. We can do the job for much less than an MD and just as well. In fact, we are doing it every day across the USA. The AA lacky has no such "proof" and can only exist as your "boy" in the operating room.
CRNA's work in many locations SOLO and will continue to do so.

The AA experiment is dead and those of you (especially that Ether dude who is an Imus like idiot) can forget about closing CRNA schools. Just the opposite is happening across the USA. We are getting bigger and stronger but there is room enough for all of us anesthetists in the USA (for now).
Perhaps, you should be thinking how to work with the AANA and not against it?

Perhaps you greedy little buggers should realize that you are awaking a sleeping giant that will squash you and the AANA. If you all would have just accepted making excellent money and having a good lifestyle the way it was, things would have been fine. But the green eyed CRNA monster wants it ALL... and it will be your downfall. I can wait to watch you riding that wave.

JWK,

I am at IU (indiana). we could use an AA program over here. It is the perfect place to start one. Large center, 5 hospitals sick a$$ patients, . 80 residents and could use many more. more than enough cases here. No CRNA programs in the whole state. You and your AA buddies should come up here and pitch the idea to the dean of the medical school and the anesthesia chair. I have spoke to many facualty here and they seem to be receptive to the idea and a couple of peds gas staff think it is a great idea. The university can probably easily push legislature though in this state for practice rights because there are no CRNAs to really get in the way.

You should also hit up the DO schools to start more programs. They are mostly private and are always looking for new revenues. Many already have most of the faculty form their med and PA schools. It would not cost them much to start these programs.

Another good place to start a program is herny ford in MI. They had a CRNA program and their chair closed it down. What a guy!

When I am done I promise to help open at least one AA school. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

apellous

How come the solution in costs (i.e., you) claims to make more money than one of us (johankriek)?

I got a great gig at an outpatient center (non opt-out state) do GI three days a week. I do about 20 GI cases a day at this place. Real good money and EASY work. Then, I do OB some 24 hour shifts for a CRNA "only" Group.
Again, since there is no MDA I make more money. Finally, I get to work in a plastic surgeon's office a few days a month for some real nice CASH on the dollar cases.

It is not my fault Johan is working in a Medicaid pit. This is what makes America Great- free enterprise and the AANA.

I got a great gig at an outpatient center (non opt-out state) do GI three days a week. I do about 20 GI cases a day at this place. Real good money and EASY work. Then, I do OB some 24 hour shifts for a CRNA "only" Group.
Again, since there is no MDA I make more money. Finally, I get to work in a plastic surgeon's office a few days a month for some real nice CASH on the dollar cases.

It is not my fault Johan is working in a Medicaid pit. This is what makes America Great- free enterprise and the AANA.

Perhaps you greedy little buggers should realize that you are awaking a sleeping giant that will squash you and the AANA. If you all would have just accepted making excellent money and having a good lifestyle the way it was, things would have been fine. But the green eyed CRNA monster wants it ALL... and it will be your downfall. I can wait to watch you riding that wave.

Genie is out of the bottle and you can't put her back. The CRNA has tasted freedom and we want more of it. We can do the job and we can do it for less. We have the knowledge, experience and soon the degree to back up our claims. I expect more studies to show that CRNA's provide equal quality to MDA. I am especially looking forward to the DNAP degree and the studies that show our DOCTOR of Anesthesia is EQUAL to your Doctor of Medicine plus Anesthesiology. I hope Pain Medicine felowships start after the DNAP as it is a logical progression.

JWK,

I am at IU (indiana). we could use an AA program over here. It is the perfect place to start one. Large center, 5 hospitals sick a$$ patients, . 80 residents and could use many more. more than enough cases here. No CRNA programs in the whole state. You and your AA buddies should come up here and pitch the idea to the dean of the medical school and the anesthesia chair. I have spoke to many facualty here and they seem to be receptive to the idea and a couple of peds gas staff think it is a great idea. The university can probably easily push legislature though in this state for practice rights because there are no CRNAs to really get in the way.

You should also hit up the DO schools to start more programs. They are mostly private and are always looking for new revenues. Many already have most of the faculty form their med and PA schools. It would not cost them much to start these programs.

Another good place to start a program is herny ford in MI. They had a CRNA program and their chair closed it down. What a guy!

When I am done I promise to help open at least one AA school. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

apellous

This is wonderful! Give me a pm when you are ready I would love to help.

FSUCRNA, You have to understand that with the thounsands of bright young doctors going into anesthesiology right now, the crna's won't have a chance in the near future. Add to that the growing AA body and that's a reciepe for crna failure.

Genie is out of the bottle and you can't put her back. The CRNA has tasted freedom and we want more of it. We can do the job and we can do it for less. We have the knowledge, experience and soon the degree to back up our claims. I expect more studies to show that CRNA's provide equal quality to MDA. I am especially looking forward to the DNAP degree and the studies that show our DOCTOR of Anesthesia is EQUAL to your Doctor of Medicine plus Anesthesiology. I hope Pain Medicine felowships start after the DNAP as it is a logical progression.
This is where your whole spiel falls apart. The DNP means nothing - absolutely nothing. Scope of practice is determined by legislation, not degree. Louisiana has already balked at pain management for CRNA's and others will follow.

The studies you're looking for don't and won't exist. Simple logic prevails. There are no centers where CRNA's do open hearts, transplants, and myriad other procedures without an anesthesiologist. It simply doesn't happen. Likewise, you will never convince the general public that a nurse with a DNP (8 yrs post high school) will be the equivalent of a physician with 12 or more years of education. Again - simple logic prevails. The DNP is a smokescreen - nothing more, nothing less.

At least you put it out there in black and white for everyone to see - CRNA's want it all - they don't have the education that an MD does, but they still want it all.

:laugh:
FSUCRNA, You have to understand that with the thounsands of bright young doctors going into anesthesiology right now, the crna's won't have a chance in the near future. Add to that the growing AA body and that's a reciepe for crna failure.

Growing body of AA's?:laugh:

A bunch of DO School rejects that couldn't get a job running a Burger King?
This is your answer to more than 30,000 Nurse Anesthetists? There are maybe 600-900 AA's out there and only a handful of schools. We opened more programs than the AA's have in existence over the past 5 years. We know it is a numbers game and we intend to win-big.

You fail to recognize that we are the labor pool for most MDA's. We staff the operating and do most of the cases. Then, some of us leave the nest after a few years and do our own thing. This is why the ASA will NEVER shut us down and why most MDA"s love us. WE make you money.

There is a hospital in Orlando Florida that is a CRNA mill. The Group produces more CRNA's in a year than THREE Residency programs combined and the people doing it are your members. Your members are so greedy they will produce more of us and not less. Even your leadership is corrupt and complicit in producing CRNA's. We are here to stay so get used to it.
With reduced Medicare fees GREED$$$ comes first and that means more CRNA's in the future.

This is your answer to more than 30,000 Nurse Anesthetists? There are maybe 600-900 AA's out there and only a handful of schools. We opened more programs than the AA's have in existence over the past 5 years. We know it is a numbers game and we intend to win-big.

WTF? Dude, I'm a nursing student getting my BSN and minor in biology right now, and not a single one of these courses for any nursing degree we have is remotely similar to the upper level courses for my bio minor (Biochemistry, Genetics, Orgo, etc, all 300 level and up).
Also, I'm just a lowly undergrad, and guess what? I was invited by the CRNA pathophysiology and advanced physiology professor of the CRNA program in my school to take both the courses, because they told me themselves, as Masters of Anesthesia instructors, that the courses were not difficult and someone with my prepping in undergrad could ace them hands down.

And they learn more in one semester of DO (or MD, its the same) school than a CRNA learns in 24 months, also told to me by a Master of Anesthesia professor.

Yes, the AANA is good at politics, but the underlying science is just not there.

Oh, and the chief resident of anesthesiology at the University of Washington is a D.O. UW is consistently one of the top med schools in the nation, I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Dont knock it.

You fail to recognize that we are the labor pool for most MDA's. We staff the operating and do most of the cases. Then, some of us leave the nest after a few years and do our own thing. This is why the ASA will NEVER shut us down and why most MDA"s love us. WE make you money.

There is a hospital in Orlando Florida that is a CRNA mill. The Group produces more CRNA's in a year than THREE Residency programs combined and the people doing it are your members. Your members are so greedy they will produce more of us and not less. Even your leadership is corrupt and complicit in producing CRNA's. We are here to stay so get used to it.
With reduced Medicare fees GREED$$$ comes first and that means more CRNA's in the future.

yes he's an idiot..but he is right about the greed part....it starts with the academic chairman (my former one included)....it is very hard to extinguish the flourish of CRNA's when are own member propagate it...it will take courage and forward thinking individuals to correct the problem

the solution is simple....shut down all CRNA schools now..........

Yes, those easy GI cases prove you are greater than or equal to a Physician in your skillz.

trollin' trollin' trollin'

Putting the Anesthesiologists vs. Nurse Anesthestists vs. Anesthesiologist Assistants argument asside for a minute, you must realize that producing more and more CRNA's will eventually result in a decreased salary for you. It's high school level economics. The AANA is willing to drastically increase the supply of CRNA's as part of its power play, which will inevitably lead to a decreased salary resulting from that high supply of CRNA's. You have to ask yourself, would you rather have more supervision and MD help, a high demand / lower supply for your profession, and a nice salary; or would you rather have excessive numbers of CRNAs practicing with increased independence but for less money and with no MD help when needed? I think the answer is obvious, and if you really stop and think about it, your answer is probably the same as mine. Maybe you think the AANA is working for you, but it seems to me that you may end up shooting yourselves in the foot.

Putting the Anesthesiologists vs. Nurse Anesthestists vs. Anesthesiologist Assistants argument asside for a minute, you must realize that producing more and more CRNA's will eventually result in a decreased salary for you. It's high school level economics. The AANA is willing to drastically increase the supply of CRNA's as part of its power play, which will inevitably lead to a decreased salary resulting from that high supply of CRNA's. You have to ask yourself, would you rather have more supervision and MD help, a high demand / lower supply for your profession, and a nice salary; or would you rather have excessive numbers of CRNAs practicing with increased independence but for less money and with no MD help when needed? I think the answer is obvious, and if you really stop and think about it, your answer is probably the same as mine. Maybe you think the AANA is working for you, but it seems to me that you may end up shooting yourselves in the foot.

The only way to thawt the future threat of AAs is to flood the market with our own. States are not going to rush to open up AA programs if they dont have a severe shortage in that state. Fiscally it wont make sense to expand the AA profession. The Market will guide the flux of individuals going into anesthesia. At present demand along with salaries are up. How long this demand last, no one knows. One fact of the matter is that severe demands will give the ASA a stronger leg to stand on when lobbying for AA practice rights. Therefore if demand is met with CRNAs long before AAs can even dream about meeting demand CRNAs will successfully continue to supress the AA movement. Your right its highschool economics. Hey the demand is not going to last forever. CRNAs are going to step up and fill this shortage while protecting our profession.

Say what you will about the CRNAs, but this statement is ABSOLUTELY correct. Its time to start kicking these MDA-chairmen who are selling out the profession in the ass.

From the CRNA's I've spoken to, I think most understand this concept. However, you must understand that many have a short-term perspective and are very greedy. As long as they make their money before the crash happens, they don't really care what happens to future generations of CRNA's. Doesn't that sound similar to what some anesthesiologists who use lots of CRNA's are doing today? Furthermore, even if there is a 50% salary drop, you won't have a shortage of CRNA school applicants. It's still a pretty sweet gig for a nurse for a $70-90k, 40 hour week, easy job. So appealing to their conscience is futile.

Say what you will about the CRNAs, but this statement is ABSOLUTELY correct. Its time to start kicking these MDA-chairmen who are selling out the profession in the ass.

i agree...shame on the chairmen

Anesthesiologists need to realized that this is a war with the AANA and they need to take the gloves off........

Strategies to tame CRNA problem (must come from the higher ups)

1) Close all academic SRNA training programs immediately. Simply stop training them.

2) Get AA training approved in all fifty states and replace the SNRA schools with AA schools.

3) Collaborate with the American College of Surgeons. Talk to them about their increased liability. Get them to make a statement that they will no longer "supervise" independent CRNA practices (outside of anesthesia care model).

These three strategies will definitely get the AANA's attention and end this struggle.

Anesthesiologists need to realized that this is a war with the AANA and they need to take the gloves off........

Strategies to tame CRNA problem (must come from the higher ups)

1) Close all academic SRNA training programs immediately. Simply stop training them.

2) Get AA training approved in all fifty states and replace the SNRA schools with AA schools.

3) Collaborate with the American College of Surgeons. Talk to them about their increased liability. Get them to make a statement that they will no longer "supervise" independent CRNA practices (outside of anesthesia care model).

These three strategies will definitely get the AANA's attention and end this struggle.

You sound like Ether in the above statements. Even you called him an "idiot" and here you are saying the same stupid, implausabile "solutions" to the problem. Your leadership will NEVER Shut down CRNA schools. This provides labor and revenue to the University. The Nursing Schools know that there is a shortage of CRNA's in the USA. Once the DNAP becomes common the programs will make even more money for the Anesthesia Departments and Nursing School.

Again, your solution is idiotic and will never happen. It is time you realize the AANA and CRNA's like myself are going to win. I recommend you strike a deal with the AANA while you still have clout left to bargain with.

I am thinking about doing a Pain Fellowship once a CRNA school starts one in the future. I expect the fellowship to be about 6 months and occur a few years after the DNAP degree becomes common.

My answer is to take control of the Anesthesia market place. This is what the AANA wants and I agree 100%. First, we need the DNAP degree. Second, a few outcome studies with the DANP showing equivalence. Third, fight like mad against the ASA for more Independence in every State. Then, we can outbid any MDA for all the contracts. The CRNA Groups may employ a few MDA's as back-up and to bounce some cases off of. But, the CRNA becomes THE PROVIDER for anesthesia in the USA. End of Story/Game Over.

My answer is to take control of the Anesthesia market place. This is what the AANA wants and I agree 100%. First, we need the DNAP degree. Second, a few outcome studies with the DANP showing equivalence. Third, fight like mad against the ASA for more Independence in every State. Then, we can outbid any MDA for all the contracts. The CRNA Groups may employ a few MDA's as back-up and to bounce some cases off of. But, the CRNA becomes THE PROVIDER for anesthesia in the USA. End of Story/Game Over.

I cant decide if you are really a CRNA or a trolling Anesthesia resident trying to get his associates bucked up. Regardless of which you surely are not professional. Quit blabbing what ifs and talking shiat and state facts.
Believe me we have been rounds and rounds with these loosers. All they can throw out is weak and many times childish propaganda. Yes of course these guys are smart. But docs are not known for their social networking skills since most portray a god like complex that urks many non physician politicians. I know for sure you are not Nitecap as I still talk to that fool frequently. Its so funny that he really has not been an active poster here in over a year yet his legacy lives on and you loosers :laugh: still remember the once SRNA that used to put many of you in your place. You guys continue to rant on this board while showing your cards and your every next move. Thanks, Peace out biatches.

DNAP - DANP - You can't even get the abbreviation straight.

And wasn't the AANA against the DNP?

The problem with the DNP is that there are still thousands upon thousands of practicing CRNA's out there with no degree at all. None. Zip. Nada. You forget that the BSN requirement and the granting of a master's degree is a relatively recent development. Personally I think they changed only because the AA programs were granting master's degrees and CRNA's were only getting a certificate.

The Organization originally didn't think a Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia was necessary or helpful. It has since changed its position and realizes better credentials will help in the battle for full independence from MDA's. The AANA realizes we need more CRNA's in the USA to be the dominant player and was concerned about the Doctor degree slowing down our progress in that area.

But, we believe many younger, smarter and energetic CRNA's will get the Doctor degree from their local CRNA school at a later date. The more credentials the average CRNA has the better we look as a Group to the public and payers. That is why I embrace the DNAP along with the AANA. A few CRNA schools should be starting the DNAP degree program in 2008. For just a few more months of education the new graduate gets a DNAP. This is a great deal for Doctorate level degree.

The extra education will distinguish us as FIRST RATE providers compared to the lacky AA profession. The degree combined with our experience as ICU Nurses makes us the perfect choice as the provider for anesthesia services in the USA. Anesthesia is NURSING and you better get used to it. You people are the ones entering our field. But, the entire field of anesthesia is better because of it so I am grateful. MDA's taught me to do Central lines, Epidurals, Interscalene and Axillary Blocks and fiberoptic intubations. Without you guys I would never have been able to practice solo like I do today. Thanks and keep up the good work.:thumbup:

That's the pot calling the kettle black.....or more appropriately not biting the hand that feeds you...........that's enough cliches for today.

The extra education will distinguish us as FIRST RATE providers compared to the lacky AA profession. The degree combined with our experience as ICU Nurses makes us the perfect choice as the provider for anesthesia services in the USA. Anesthesia is NURSING and you better get used to it. You people are the ones entering our field. But, the entire field of anesthesia is better because of it so I am grateful. MDA's taught me to do Central lines, Epidurals, Interscalene and Axillary Blocks and fiberoptic intubations. Without you guys I would never have been able to practice solo like I do today. Thanks and keep up the good work.:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

That's it. I will walk off the floor before I teach a CRNA or SRNA one more thing. I have done it so many times, but you are a great inspiration.

The extra education will distinguish us as FIRST RATE providers compared to the lacky AA profession. The degree combined with our experience as ICU Nurses makes us the perfect choice as the provider for anesthesia services in the USA. Anesthesia is NURSING and you better get used to it. You people are the ones entering our field. But, the entire field of anesthesia is better because of it so I am grateful. MDA's taught me to do Central lines, Epidurals, Interscalene and Axillary Blocks and fiberoptic intubations. Without you guys I would never have been able to practice solo like I do today. Thanks and keep up the good work.:thumbup:

That's it. I will walk off the floor before I teach a CRNA or SRNA one more thing. I have done it so many times, but you are a great inspiration.[/quote]

Wait a Minute. We are a team. Most CRNA's like working in the ACT. I liked working for most MDA's and learned a TON of good stuff. By working for a busy Group and doing 60 hours a week I got good at Epidurals, basic Regional like Axillary and Interscalene blocks as well as fiberoptic intubations. After I did my time under the man I went solo. No disrespect intended. I did what the law allowed me to do in my State. I joined a Group of elite CRNA's making twice the average CRNA salary by billing for their own work. I competed for contracts and landed a couple. I do my own locums for CRNA Groups in Texas.

Without my background at a top ten University program AND experience in the ACT model I would have fallen flat on my face. But, because MDA's taught me skills needed to do well I am grateful. The ACT benefits MDA's.
You want the labor pool then you have to allow a few of us to go off and do our own thing. The AANA has worked hard and spent a lot of money to get this done. I love my job and the rewards that come from it.

Wait a Minute. We are a team. Most CRNA's like working in the ACT. I liked working for most MDA's and learned a TON of good stuff. By working for a busy Group and doing 60 hours a week I got good at Epidurals, basic Regional like Axillary and Interscalene blocks as well as fiberoptic intubations. After I did my time under the man I went solo.

I don't want you on my team. Replace them with AA's.

You may not want CRNA's on your team but most MDA's do. I served my time under MDA's for 5 long years. I earned my Independence and the AANA is going to keep it that way.

I got a 3.6 GPA at FSU. I took the Pe-med Classes but chose the CRNA route. I could have gotten into Medical school (especially DO school at Nova) but Why? Being a CRNA is better financially for me. When I worked for the "man" as a young CRNA I earned $200,000 or more as an employee. Now, I earn $300,000 or more and I work less hours. Why go to DO school when the CRNA degree pays so much?

Soon I will bridge to the DNAP. I have never regreted going to CRNA school at a top program in Ohio. I would do it all over again the same way. The AANA has been good to me and I am a contributor plus supportor.

AA's? This idea is too little to late. 5 schools? You must be kidding me.
Unless you work in Georgia the odds are you will have a CRNA as your mid level provider. What about Tefra? The Groups I have worked for billed CRNA only for a lot of the cases because CRNA's are allowed to under the law.
AA's are a lacky and require strict supervision. CRNA's can see a patient, make a plan and do the case. Can an AA? No way. CRNA's make more money for MDA Groups in Florida and I predict the AA's NEVER catch on there.

Like it or not we CRNA's are here to stay. I recommend you work out a deal with the AANA while you still have ammunition left in your gun. The AANA is going to wipe the floor with you politically. I bet most of your greedy membership could care less.:laugh:

You may not want CRNA's on your team but most MDA's do. I served my time under MDA's for 5 long years. I earned my Independence and the AANA is going to keep it that way.

I got a 3.6 GPA at FSU. I took the Pe-med Classes but chose the CRNA route. I could have gotten into Medical school (especially DO school at Nova) but Why? Being a CRNA is better financially for me. When I worked for the "man" as a young CRNA I earned $200,000 or more as an employee. Now, I earn $300,000 or more and I work less hours. Why go to DO school when the CRNA degree pays so much?

Soon I will bridge to the DNAP. I have never regreted going to CRNA school at a top program in Ohio. I would do it all over again the same way. The AANA has been good to me and I am a contributor plus supportor.

AA's? This idea is too little to late. 5 schools? You must be kidding me.
Unless you work in Georgia the odds are you will have a CRNA as your mid level provider. What about Tefra? The Groups I have worked for billed CRNA only for a lot of the cases because CRNA's are allowed to under the law.
AA's are a lacky and require strict supervision. CRNA's can see a patient, make a plan and do the case. Can an AA? No way. CRNA's make more money for MDA Groups in Florida and I predict the AA's NEVER catch on there.

Like it or not we CRNA's are here to stay. I recommend you work out a deal with the AANA while you still have ammunition left in your gun. The AANA is going to wipe the floor with you politically. I bet most of your greedy membership could care less.:laugh:

The truth as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.