calling all 7-year NYCOM kids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarah j.

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
as some of you might have read b4..im asking for everyone & anyone's advise on attending nycom 7-year program...especially kids who actually go there....how hard is it??? do you wish you could leave?? have kids left it???? how are the kids who attend ????

Members don't see this ad.

well i can tell you about the program , since im pre-med that has all my classes with the bsdo's. ITs very hard for the students who dont have the time and stamina to study and work hard for all there classes. U have to take practically 21 credits every semester for 3 years. Then you have to take the Mcat's in your second year during the summer. Its a good program I think I wish I would of known about it before hand.

Hello, sarah j:

The BS/D.O. program at NYIT, as with most combined degree programs (especially ones that lead to a medical degree), is challenging.

It's a great opportunity, and I wouldn't turn it down if you're willing to work hard and maintain a respectable GPA, i.e., 3.6.

Good luck.

(P.S. I'm a current Osteo. med. student that wasn't a BS/D.O. student).

I am a 3rd year in the BS/DO program at SUNY New Paltz. I thought the program was pretty good. The organization had a little to be desired, but overall the program worked for me; I just received my acceptance from NYCOM! I personally didn't think the course work or amount of course work was unbearable. I took anywhere from 15 to 19 credits a semester, 1 summer course, and one winter course. I had plenty of time to party with friends, hang out with my fiancee, and have a social life! I'm actually kinda scared of medical school because I know I will not have nearly as much free time to socialize.