Calling all chiefs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idoc

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing to be our chief resident for next year and I would like some input from other chiefs/residents about what you find to be working in your program. Specifically:
1. How are your lectures arranged? Does your faculty cover most of the important BSCS topics, or is it the swiss cheese approach with holes in mulitple parts that you are required to fill in on your own?
2. Does any program have a reading schedule where you all read through the BSCS together? Has it worked? How do you keep people accountable and motivated to keep on schedule?
3. How many lectures per week are you getting on average?
4. What is your OKAP prep like?
5. How are your rotations scheduled throughout your 3 years.
6. How many refractive procedures are the residents at your program doing as primary surgeon? What is the cost? How are you recruiting patients?

I am trying to make some changes in our program, and I thought it would be good to find out what works in other programs before bringing suggestions to our faculty. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I also sent you a PM, idoc. Look forward to catching up.

How many of you up-and-coming Chiefs are heading to the CPChiefs conference in Dallas this May?

For those who might have been in the past, what did you think of it?