Calling an admissions office

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockaway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school has rolling admissions and it's about a week past the time (post interview) they said you'd hear from them, is it OK to call them? The office staff can't really tell you either way over the phone, don't they usually say "you're still under review"....what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Well I recently had a revelation about this. I think it's ok to call after an interview, although they may not tell you anything, b/c if they knew, they would have told you already! So when I called up BU post-interview, I just said "are you still giving out acceptances?" She told me yes, without me giving her my name. But if you want your info, just ask.

So here's my coincidence/revelation: I have called most of the 18 schools I applied to several times for status checks. Turns out that the 6 interviews I got were from schools that I never called since application completion. Weird, huh? I wonder if it means anything.... :confused: .

FYI, if anyone is interested, I was thinking about sending a letter to the Dean at U Miami asking for an interview while restating my interest, etc. My uncle who used to interview for Columbia med school told me NOT to do this. So take what you want from that regarding asking for interviews. I still think update letters are good things when on a waitlist, though.

OK, enough rambling for me :)

You can just call and ask if they have sent out their acceptances from the day that you interviewed- you don't have to give your name.

thanks for the input!