Calling dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loving123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

I have a question regarding to calling admissions office about questions.
I have read many threads that school loves to see the applicant's interest by email, calling, visiting, etc.
Unfortunately, I can't physically visit since I am Canadian and I will need tones of money to visit.
So I decided to call the admission's office regarding my questions.

How did you guys ask and deal with the admission's officer?
Also, when is the best time to call?

p.s. I was gonna ask whether my dat score is sufficient enough and the approx proportin of canadian admission stats, etc..

Thanks guys in advance:)

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the exact same thing as a Canadian haha. I already called Louisville and they made a note on my file. Doubt it will help, but can't hurt I guess. The lady I talked to was very nice!

I was wondering the exact same thing as a Canadian haha. I already called Louisville and they made a note on my file. Doubt it will help, but can't hurt I guess. The lady I talked to was very nice!
Thanks for the reply:) I guess I will call them then! Good luck with the application and I really hope you get in:) I am going to apply next cycle(june 2015).. Did you had any difficaulty as a Canadian to apply? (Or is the application process exactly same as Americans??)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Applying is the same as Americans. The only difference is you have to send the American dental schools your Canadian DAT scores (get CDA to send them), unless you write the American DAT. Then the process is pretty much the exact same!

Thanks! Applying is the same as Americans. The only difference is you have to send the American dental schools your Canadian DAT scores (get CDA to send them), unless you write the American DAT. Then the process is pretty much the exact same!
I wrote American DAT so I guess process is same:) BTW which schools did you apply?

I applied to the following American schools:
Case
UB
UDM
BU
NYU
NOVA
Indiana
Louisville
Kentucky
Western
UoP
Creighton
MWU-AZ
Maryland
Temple
Penn
Pitt
Roseman
UNLV
Rutgers
VCU
Marquette

Canadian schools:
UWO
McGill

I have one interview to Western so far, hoping for more soon!

I applied to the following American schools:
Case
UB
UDM
BU
NYU
NOVA
Indiana
Louisville
Kentucky
Western
UoP
Creighton
MWU-AZ
Maryland
Temple
Penn
Pitt
Roseman
UNLV
Rutgers
VCU
Marquette

Canadian schools:
UWO
McGill

I have one interview to Western so far, hoping for more soon!

Congrats for the interview invitation!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!! (seriously, you need to get in to motivate me lol...)
BTW my stat is GPA:3.6-3.7 and DAT:20AA and 20TS (American)..Do you think I can apply next cycle?? :oops:

Anyways,, as a fellow Canadian I wish you a GOOD luck:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! And your stats are solid! Apply early and you'll get several pre-December invites. In fact, you should have applied this cycle (if you're in the last year of your program). My list pretty much sums up schools that take Canadians, aside from Minnesota and Michigan (but they require psychology which I never took). Stay motivated, I'm confident you'll get in when you apply :)

Thanks! And your stats are solid! Apply early and you'll get several pre-December invites. In fact, you should have applied this cycle (if you're in the last year of your program). My list pretty much sums up schools that take Canadians, aside from Minnesota and Michigan (but they require psychology which I never took). Stay motivated, I'm confident you'll get in when you apply :)
I am in my third year right now so I can't apply this cycle lol..
(since I am not gonna finish my degree)
Thanks for your reply and best of luck:)