Campbell or UNC Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fallentangerine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a call on Friday for an interview with Campbell on November 19th. Anyone else heard anything from Campbell or UNC?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying to both of these schools. Submitted my Pharmcas mid-October and supplementals a week later. Still waiting on my PCAT scores and the only feedback I got was that my applications were complete (besides the scores) and being reviewed. When did you apply? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying to both of these schools. Submitted my Pharmcas mid-October and supplementals a week later. Still waiting on my PCAT scores and the only feedback I got was that my applications were complete (besides the scores) and being reviewed. When did you apply? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Good luck on the interviews!

i submitted to pharmcas on october 1st...i completed my supplemental a week late and sent in the sheet...i have not heard a peep from them...i'm guessing their interviews will be in january then...

I got my PharmCas submitted in early September. Took my PCAT in August.

I have a 3.7 GPA and composite PCAT was 84%.

I have only gotten an email from UNC saying everything is complete and that they were going to start contacting people for interviews Nov-Feb.

I applied for Campbell, and I submitted PharmCAS/supplemental in mid August and I haven't heard anything from them still. Maybe they were waiting on my October PCAT results before they contacted me, but the email I received when they said they had all of my application materials said to allow them up to May 2010 to get back to you. WTF?

I check my email multiple times a day waiting for something from UNC. I submitted pharmcas in July and the supplemental in August, right after it came out. (At the time, I had no idea they waiting till their deadline to review applications!)

I'm waiting for Campbell as well. Last year, they said to give them until January before contacting them but this year's letter said to wait until May 2010. I guess they'll be offering interviews up till then.

I applied for Campbell, and I submitted PharmCAS/supplemental in mid August and I haven't heard anything from them still. Maybe they were waiting on my October PCAT results before they contacted me, but the email I received when they said they had all of my application materials said to allow them up to May 2010 to get back to you. WTF?

The "May 2010" is just a catch-all. They contacted me a week after my PCAT scores came out. Expect to hear from them once your Oct PCAT results are posted.

Submitted Pharmcas and supp app 9/10. Got interview letter today.

Good luck to all! Please, come back here and post the interview info including questions and such. Or fill out interview feedback! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I just had a my interview today. I heard several students there say that they heard back from their interview within 3 days, and one person said she heard back same day. I'll wait and see what happens. There wasn't many people as I thought would be there. They really asked difficult and off the wall questions. Good Luck everyone. If anyone gets an acceptance, please let the rest of us know, and I will do the same.

Hi everyone,

I just had a my interview today. I heard several students there say that they heard back from their interview within 3 days, and one person said she heard back same day. I'll wait and see what happens. There wasn't many people as I thought would be there. They really asked difficult and off the wall questions. Good Luck everyone. If anyone gets an acceptance, please let the rest of us know, and I will do the same.
I interviewed last year at campbell n received an email the next day that I was waitlisted. :( at least I knew immediately though...

I had my interview yesterday and they called me within an hour after my interview with an offer of acceptance! I am very excited! The letter at the interview said to expect 4 to 6 weeks for a decision but many students said they heard within days of the interview. I think it all depends on when the committee meets.

My interview was with a faculty and one student. It was very relaxed and the people were very friendly. I got asked about how I would handle an ethical situation and other than that he wanted to know about me/why pharmacy. Mostly, we just had a conversation.

The student panel is very helpful at the interview. There will be a group of 5 or so current pharmacy students, who you can ask questions about admissions, curriculum, housing and so forth.

Good Luck to everyone!

I had my interview yesterday and they called me within an hour after my interview with an offer of acceptance! I am very excited! The letter at the interview said to expect 4 to 6 weeks for a decision but many students said they heard within days of the interview. I think it all depends on when the committee meets.

My interview was with a faculty and one student. It was very relaxed and the people were very friendly. I got asked about how I would handle an ethical situation and other than that he wanted to know about me/why pharmacy. Mostly, we just had a conversation.

The student panel is very helpful at the interview. There will be a group of 5 or so current pharmacy students, who you can ask questions about admissions, curriculum, housing and so forth.

Good Luck to everyone!
I was going to share my experience, but I have nothing to add. This covers it well. Everything fallentangerine said x2

I was going to share my experience, but I have nothing to add. This covers it well. Everything fallentangerine said x2

congratulations to those accepted! how exciting! thx for keeping us posted. Hope to be invited to interview this year at campbell too!

Hi everyone,

What do you mean "off the wall questions"?
Thanks for sharing your experience!

I just got an email this morning to interview at UNC on December 2.

fallentangerine,

Do you mind if I ask when you sent in your PharmCAS and supplemental to UNC? And are you a NC resident?
I am not an NC resident, but I want to go to UNC more than any other school!

I submitted my PharmCas in August sometime and the supplemental in September. I am an NC resident. UNC is a great school. Good luck!

i got an email this morning inviting me to interview...:thumbup:

I received an interview invitation this morning via email for UNC! I am an out-of-state resident. Super excited :)

Congrats to all of you who received and interview with UNC.

I got a UNC interview invite too, unfortunately next week is my last week of classes and there is no way I can make it. Kind of a bummer.

I got a UNC interview invite too, unfortunately next week is my last week of classes and there is no way I can make it. Kind of a bummer.

same here. the woman said that my name would be put back into the "interview pool". does anyone know what that means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfree

same here. the woman said that my name would be put back into the "interview pool". does anyone know what that means?

i had the same problem...there is no way i could do it on such short notice with work, and another interview planned for the day after...she let me know that another date will be scheduled for January so i will be contacted when the date is finalized...good luck and congrats to all!!!

PS...she was soooooo super sweet...i like the atmosphere there already...:love:

I just got an interview invite to UNC as well!! It is for December 2nd. I have 3 tests on December 3rd, but I'm going anyways! :D

I wonder if they sent out the interview invites for a particular date on same day? In other words, were all who will attend December 2nd interview invited today? Any speculations?

hmm i dont know but i received an interview invite too (yay) but can't attend the dec 2nd (i'm from the northeast and its too difficult to find hotel/flight from my town in time) so i will be interviewing in january i believe (there's a tentative interview set for then)...hope that doesn't affect my chances :/

I'm interviewing at UNC on Dec 2 (session 2).
I'm also from the northeast but I will find a way to make it down there.

For anyone traveling, the sessions are rather late. I think one was 12-2:30 and the other is 2:30-5:00. So that does help a little. (It's better than having it at 8:00 in the morning)

I'm interviewing at UNC on Dec 2 (session 2).
I'm also from the northeast but I will find a way to make it down there.

For anyone traveling, the sessions are rather late. I think one was 12-2:30 and the other is 2:30-5:00. So that does help a little. (It's better than having it at 8:00 in the morning)
When did you get your invite?

does anyone have a spreadsheet of the curriculum at UNC? i haven't been able to find it on their website.

On UNC website, within the student body profile, it states that the average PCAT last year was 380, and composite was 83%. Why is composite in %'s and how is is equivalent to the raw score of 380?

On UNC website, within the student body profile, it states that the average PCAT last year was 380, and composite was 83%. Why is composite in %'s and how is is equivalent to the raw score of 380?

I think they get the 380 by adding up all the subject scores.

For example, if you got in the 80th percentile in everything (bio, verbal, quantitative, chem, reading), that would give you a total of 400. UB also does the same. I'm pretty sure that's what they mean

I think they get the 380 by adding up all the subject scores.

For example, if you got in the 80th percentile in everything (bio, verbal, quantitative, chem, reading), that would give you a total of 400. UB also does the same. I'm pretty sure that's what they mean
That's so random!

Hi,

My stats are 4.0 GPA, 85 composite PCAT, 1 year of research experience, 3 months as a CVS pharmacy technician (full time) --->will be 1 year by the time I start pharm school, hospital pharmacy volunteer (10 hrs per week).

Does anyone think that I should retake the PCAT?

Is the PCAT the reason I haven't received an interview from UNC yet?

I have received a Campbell and USC interview though.

Thanks

I interviewed on Dec. 2nd.
I sent in my application in mid-October.
I recieved my interview invitation 11/20 by email.
And I would definitely like to know when people start getting accepted. Cause I am freaking out a little bit. A lot.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you know anybody gets interview invitation from UNC recently?

do you mean anyone that got an interview after Dec. 2nd? I don't know how often they do interview sessions... I just kinda figured they'd be doing more in January or something, I wouldn't know.

For Campbell they require English Composition (6) that is writing intensive.

Would English 1102 and AP credit count???

Does anyone know??