Campbell University 2017, 2012-13 Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

er92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Who else is applying to Campbell University College of Pharmacy?

I'm pretty much done with the supplemental app, but they want you to upload a picture of yourself. What kind of picture is appropriate? In most pics of me I'm not dressed formally. Should I get dressed up and have a new picture taken of me, or is it appropriate to upload one where I'm dressed casual but nice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I submitted my Pharmcas and Supplemental too for Campbell. I uploaded a passport sized head shot photo because I thought that's what they were asking for.

Hello! I submitted my Pharmcas and Supplemental too for Campbell. I uploaded a passport sized head shot photo because I thought that's what they were asking for.

Awesome, thanks for telling. I went ahead and just submitted a head shot thing, so my supplemental is in! It did seem weird that they want to see what you look like though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks for telling. I went ahead and just submitted a head shot thing, so my supplemental is in! It did seem weird that they want to see what you look like though...

a couple of the schools i applied to required a head shot as well. caught me off guard haha

Interview on October 25th!!

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm currently a P1 at Campbell and I love it! If you have any questions, post here and I'll be happy to answer them. I'll answer questions through PM also, but if you think it would help other applicants, post here!

For the picture: It doesn't have to be a head shot, it could be a full body shot. I would try to look as professional as possible, but you don't have to dress formally in it. Make sure you're smiling and try to make a good first impression! Good luck!

Hi all. I'm currently a P1 at Campbell and I love it! If you have any questions, post here and I'll be happy to answer them. I'll answer questions through PM also, but if you think it would help other applicants, post here!

For the picture: It doesn't have to be a head shot, it could be a full body shot. I would try to look as professional as possible, but you don't have to dress formally in it. Make sure you're smiling and try to make a good first impression! Good luck!

Hello, thank you and we appreciate your help. So Why did you choose Campbell and what do you like most about Campbell as a P1?

Thank you!

Hi Jon! I was wondering if you could say a bit about what the area is like? Is it pretty rural/do you have to have a car? Is there stuff to do there? I don't really now anything about Buies Creek.

as other people have asked, what made you choose Campbell and how are you liking it so far? Also, I'm interested in a joint degree program and was wondering what an appropriate length would be for the essay? There isn't really much in the sense of directions for the essay on the supplemental app.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, thank you and we appreciate your help. So Why did you choose Campbell and what do you like most about Campbell as a P1?

Thank you!
No problem. I chose Campbell because after going to the interview and meeting the faculty, it just felt right. I know that seems kind of generic, but they really made me want to attend pharmacy school here, it just felt like home. I think Campbell prepares pharmacists very well to practice after school. I can throw out stats but if you go to the interview you will learn a few, so I want to wait for them to tell you and not me. :) All the professors have an open door policy and it is a smaller school so you get that close knit community feel. Everyone knows you and come to think of it I saw my interviewer for the second time since I interviewed and he stopped in the hallway acknowledging me by name, shaking my hand, asked me how I was doing, etc. I don't know about you, but my previous University my advisor for 4 years probably only knew my name because I was the next name an appointment schedule!

As a P1 at Campbell I just love the community, staff, and students I'm here with!

Hi Jon! I was wondering if you could say a bit about what the area is like? Is it pretty rural/do you have to have a car? Is there stuff to do there? I don't really now anything about Buies Creek.
Hi! It is pretty rural, so if you're from a large metro area it can be quite a change. However, it's not like there is nothing out here. It's about 35-40 minutes from downtown Raleigh, so if you do want to go out or to a 5 star restaurant, it's not that much of hassle. There are plenty of restaurants around here that are within a 5-10 minute drive that are very good, and we have a local homemade ice cream shop right down the road that everyone loves (called Sunni Skys). For shopping, it's about a 40 minute drive to the Smithfield Outlets. There is a bowling alley, walmart, several fast food places (bojangles, chick fil a, subway, wendys, mcdonalds, zaxbys kfc, etc.) all within 10 minutes. So make sure when you come and interview to drive around and see the area yourself, as there's a lot more in Dunn and Lillington, both towns are right next to Buies Creek.

There are local bars that are commonly frequented by students and they just opened a sports bar called "County Seat" in Lillington which is about 10 minutes from Campus.

With the course workload and other extracurricular (organizations, fraternities, etc.), I admit I'm hard pressed to find much free time to go out.

Yes I own a car and most students do here, but I do not commute daily. I walk to class, and it's only about 5 minutes from my front door to my seat! Some students choose to live between Buies Creek and Raleigh, so they pick Fuquay and make a 20 minute drive to class and back. That way they have the best of both worlds. Some even commute from Raleigh.

as other people have asked, what made you choose Campbell and how are you liking it so far? Also, I'm interested in a joint degree program and was wondering what an appropriate length would be for the essay? There isn't really much in the sense of directions for the essay on the supplemental app.

Thanks in advance!
Campbell just seemed right for me and the interview solidified that choice for me. By the end of the interview on my way home I knew where I was going to go. I don't want to say much because I want you as individuals to experience the interview and see how you like it without any preconceived ideas. I love it here! I've made so many new friends and the faculty and staff are great.

About the joint degree programs, I'm not a joint student so I don't have the confidence to answer your question. However, you can always call and talk to someone at the admissions office about them.

HI JonPrePharmD,

When you apply did you do early decision? If so, do you know whether the adcom makes their decision for ED applicants all at once after they have interviewed all of the ED applicants? The deadline to recieve a response is next Friday and the wait is killing me :(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
HI JonPrePharmD,

When you apply did you do early decision? If so, do you know whether the adcom makes their decision for ED applicants all at once after they have interviewed all of the ED applicants? The deadline to recieve a response is next Friday and the wait is killing me :(
I did not, sorry I have no idea what the response time for that would be.

HI JonPrePharmD,

I haven't submitted my supplemental yet, but I do have a friend who interviewed last week (I believe, it may have been the week before, I'm not positive) and he got accepted this past Friday!

I haven't submitted my supplemental yet, but I do have a friend who interviewed last week (I believe, it may have been the week before, I'm not positive) and he got accepted this past Friday!

That was a quick notice for him! I interviewed near the end of Sept but the deadline for ED notices is this Friday so I'm not sure what to expect considering it was my top choice school

That was a quick notice for him! I interviewed near the end of Sept but the deadline for ED notices is this Friday so I'm not sure what to expect considering it was my top choice school

I was an ED applicant and interviewed last Friday. I still have not heard an answer. You said you interviewed at the end of September and have not heard either?

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Each interviewee and interviewer is different. I wouldn't say Campbell admissions follows a certain pattern of notifying people of acceptance.

For example: Some find out they get accepted the day of the interview via phone call, others find out weeks later or last minute via a letter in the mail, some have said they received an email first, then the letter. I wouldn't be worried unless the deadline of a notification passes, in which you should call admissions. Good luck everyone! :xf:

Yeah, end of Sept :/ but I called admissions asking to see if an email or letter in the mail would be sent out for rejected applicants and they said Emailing is their method for sending notices...yet I still haven't received anything

Well I will be wishing you and I both the best since tomorrow since it is the deadline for notification! Hopefully we will both get the call we are hoping for!! I'm just ready to know an answer!

I'm interviewing this week for Campbell so if anyone has any helpful suggestions I would appreciate it! I've heard their interview process is a group interview and a 2-on-1 interview. Has that been the same type of process this year?

Accepted!! Good luck to everyone!

Received my acceptance phone call yesterday!!! It didn't take long at all, I interviewed on the 25th.

Also interviewed the 25th and got the phone call yesterday that I was accepted!! Very fast, not that I'm complaining

I completed my pharmcas and supplemental application for the fall 2013 semester. I was wondering who applied, has anyone been contacted for an interview yet or has anyone been accepted. I know its still early because I don't think I am considered early admissions, but I'm excited. Also, does anyone know if having a BS in science will up my chances?

Does anyone know when do they send out interview invitations for regular applicants? I'm kinda worried now.

Interviewed 11/1 and accepted today!! Congrats to all others accepted!

Group interview makes me nervous! :eek: Is it small group or a large group? For a 2 on 1 interview, I'm assuming there is one student and a faculty member or alumnus?

Group interview makes me nervous! :eek: Is it small group or a large group? For a 2 on 1 interview, I'm assuming there is one student and a faculty member or alumnus?

When I interviewed, I was in a group of 4 so I would say it's a small group. For the 2:1, you will have a professor and a currently pharmacy student interviewing you. Good luck! Just relax, be yourself, be knowledgeable of the profession and you will do great! :)

Just had interview today at CU, got call literally 2 hours after left saying I'm accepted!!!!!!! :D

Do any of you know if there is still seats left? I want to apply but since it's rolling admissions, I don't know if I'll have a good shot.

Just had interview today at CU, got call literally 2 hours after left saying I'm accepted!!!!!!! :D
Congrats! :)

Do any of you know if there is still seats left? I want to apply but since it's rolling admissions, I don't know if I'll have a good shot.
I interviewed in January. I know someone who interviewed in March, don't let rolling admissions discourage you. Go for it! :thumbup:

for any of you that have accepted, is there a facebook group so that we can all start to get to know each other since we'll probably be together for the next 4 years haha?

Has anyone heard anything from Campbell recently? I interviewed last week, and I see that some people heard back rather fast earlier in the month. They never gave us any estimate of time for an updated status.

Interviewed on October 12 and recieved a phone call on the drive home, see everyone next year! Yay! :D

Hi,

I'm interested in applying here, but does this school have a religious affiliation? Apparently it's founded by a preacher? I'm not really religious

would you mind messaging me some good apartment complexes and locations where pharmacy students live?
Sure, I'll get back to ya!

Hi,

I'm interested in applying here, but does this school have a religious affiliation? Apparently it's founded by a preacher? I'm not really religious
You don't have to be religious to go here, so don't feel like you do. But Campbell is a private Baptist School. A good handful of students who go here are Christian, but certainly not all. I'd say apply and come for the interview and see how you like it.

Hi, I just have a question about financing your education at Campbell. How much in scholarships can you get per academic year and how could you compare the final cost with other schools like Wingate. Also are there job opportunities around that area. Thank you so much:laugh:

Hi everyone, I turned in my completed application on 11/5/12 but haven't heard back from Campbell since. In the email from the school, it stated that even though I'm a complete applicant in November, they won't contact me until February or later? I don't understand why so late? Is anyone else in the same situation as me? Thank you guys.

Weird. I just received an interview invite from Campbell despite not completing or submitting the supplemental app. They only offered one interview date that conflicts with another interview, so it looks like it won't work anyway.

Weird. I just received an interview invite from Campbell despite not completing or submitting the supplemental app. They only offered one interview date that conflicts with another interview, so it looks like it won't work anyway.

Same. Is it for the 24th?

I submitted my app in December and still haven't heard anything positive or negative. Are they still offering interviews does anyone know?

I submitted my app in December and still haven't heard anything positive or negative. Are they still offering interviews does anyone know?
They are still offering interviews, I'm sure. If it was late December you should give them a little more time considering the holidays... they probably didn't even get to your app until well into January possibly depending on where you were in the "stack". You can contact the admissions office and just inquire about your app to put your worries at rest if you want, there's no harm in that. Good luck!