Camps/Programs for Science/Medical Enrichment

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Almost every college I looked (Ivy's as well as private and public schools) at offers summer programs courses for both credit and noncredit purposes for high school students. They involve everything from base subjects (biology, chemistry, etc) to med focused programs. They generally last from 1 week to 4-6 weeks.

These programs are selective however and involve an application progress much like the colleges themselves (transcripts, letters of recommendation, sat/act scores).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another thing to look at is the financial aid packages the schools offer for the programs. Much like the actual schools themselves, the programs offered for high school students also have financial aid for those with need. The deadlines for financial aid have mostly passed or are about to pass so you'd have to hurry and make a decision/apply.
 
You can look into Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth. Website is www.cty.jhu.edu. I worked for these programs for 3 summers (1 of them with students in your age group), and the students seemed to really like them. There are lots of science/medical options you could choose from.
 
I attended the following program after my junior year: http://summercollege.honors.udel.edu/

Apparently it's now open to sophomores. Really good program and cheaper than other summer college programs (even out of state). Still pricey though, but you get college credit. UD is an amazing campus and I would so go there if they had a pharmacy school.

BTW if you do a summer college program for credit, your parents could get a tax writeoff for a part of it.

EDIT: just looked at the price, and the tuition has significantly increased since I went there.
 
Last edited by a moderator: