Campus Door?

Started by adpitan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

adpitan

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any experience/loans from Campus Door? They seem really good, well except for that whole loan origination fee that maybe charged. They are a member of the BBB and don't require a FAFSA. You can borrow as much as you need, there is a lifetime cap of $120K.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
 
If you are not completing a FAFSA then you are getting a private loan so terms will be set by them not the federal government. They can charge whatever interest they want and you may not qualify for deferment and/or consolidation.

For any federal loans you must complete the FAFSA although you can choose any lender you want.
 
Thanks but I do realize it's a private loan. I was just wondering if anyone has taken a loan with them or if anyone has had any experience dealing with them whether it's positive or negative.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my day-job, I work for a school that used to work with CD. We found it interesting that although CD offered a 3% origination fee option and a 7% option, every person who applied seemed to get the monstrous 7% fee.

We have a list of about 10 or 15 other non-fed loans that we work with, and our students must choose off that list. Maybe your school has something similar?
 
Febrifuge said:
In my day-job, I work for a school that used to work with CD. We found it interesting that although CD offered a 3% origination fee option and a 7% option, every person who applied seemed to get the monstrous 7% fee.

We have a list of about 10 or 15 other non-fed loans that we work with, and our students must choose off that list. Maybe your school has something similar?


Thanks! I couldn't get anyone to tell me how they determined who got the 7% fee. I opted for good ol' Sallie Mae and even though there are fees which I am not thrilled about I am thrilled that I can get what I want & the school doesn't have to certify the amount, only that I attend. 🙂
 
Really? Would you please post a little bit more about that loan? I checked the website and they have the standard "cost of education minus other financial aid." I need a tiny bit more than what my school says I'll need. If Sallie Mae only verifies that you attend, that's good news.
 
auriclle said:
Really? Would you please post a little bit more about that loan? I checked the website and they have the standard "cost of education minus other financial aid." I need a tiny bit more than what my school says I'll need. If Sallie Mae only verifies that you attend, that's good news.


If you're asking about Sallie Mae (sorry, really tired & my allergies are making it difficult to see clearly) then I am referring to the Tuition Answer Loan. http://www.salliemae.com/tuitionanswer/index.html?ink=f_name_tuitionanswer

Hopefully this helps