Can a dentist utilize government health insurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AONLINE

Dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dental student here, have been using government health insurance my whole life due to my parents’ low income. I’ll turn 26 next year when I graduate so I won’t be able to be under my parents’ insurance plan anymore. If I get a job that does not provide health insurance, do I have to go out and find a private insurance plan for myself? Can I continue to apply for government health insurance or will my income disqualify me from buying that?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Think about that for a minute. If there were no income limits, everyone would enroll.

Big Hoss
Yup, that’s why I asked when sadleshoes said enrollment would be state dependent. Seems like a dentist obviously cannot enroll in Medicaid

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn’t your school offer you insurance? I mean I see the appeal of state insurance but don’t you want something a better? It’s your health we’re talking about.

Doesn’t your school offer you insurance? I mean I see the appeal of state insurance but don’t you want something a better? It’s your health we’re talking about.

I’m looking at options for after I graduate.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN