Can any Creighton students help me out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochafreak

registered quaffer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a good concert for more than two years and I just realized that The Mars Volta is touring soon. They're playing on a Friday night in Chicago on sept. 22nd. I looked at the school calendar sent to me and my class schedule. It seems like it might be possible to go. Can anyone give me a feel for how crazy it would be for a first year to fly out to that concert at that time during the semester??? I would be most thankful.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I would say that it's possible to go to the concert, however, your schedule would make it pretty difficult. October and Feb are the toughest months of the school year because all the exams tend to converge at that time. Since it's at the end of sept. I would go, but most likely you'll be testing that week.

During my freshman year, I opted to go to a John Mayer concert the night before a Histo exam...and didn't do very well, but I had a great time and did well in the class in the end. So, it's all about what your priorities are. Good luck!

Cudental007

Cudental007 said:
Hi, I would say that it's possible to go to the concert, however, your schedule would make it pretty difficult. October and Feb are the toughest months of the school year because all the exams tend to converge at that time. Since it's at the end of sept. I would go, but most likely you'll be testing that week.

During my freshman year, I opted to go to a John Mayer concert the night before a Histo exam...and didn't do very well, but I had a great time and did well in the class in the end. So, it's all about what your priorities are. Good luck!

Cudental007

Thanks for the response. The only reason I am considering it is it's a Friday night, so I can't have an exam the next day. I bought tickets. If I feel I can go, no problem. If I can't then there's going to be a very happy person out there somewhere.

mochafreak,

Welcome to Creighton. We take so many classes our first year here that you will be busy every week with quizzes or tests. That being said, I would go if I were you. Don't let school get in the way of your life, that's when things start to suck.