Can any OMFS residents share their residency experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
'

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Clearly people do. I don't know what you want to know. I don't have kids.

Random but do you have a spouse/partner? If not, is there any time at all for any resemblance of a love life or is it pretty much the bachelors life until you're done with residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
so they manage. Could you?

One of my family friends/OMS I work for got married at like 20, then had a kid at probably 26 during residency. Now they have two kids and are a very happy family.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Do you ever have q1
This happened a few times in my residency. I was once in the hospital for 96 hours straight...not on face call, but oh my the pus. When I got home I slept for 24 hours. Literally, 24 hours straight rack time. I went to bed at 7am after rounds and woke up the next day at 7am. The only reason I woke up then was because I had to piss like a horse.

Another time, during a 10 day period between USMLE and starting med school, I was in the hospital 200 out of the 240 hours. Other than that, mostly Q3 as an intern with occasional Q2 stretches. Rotating back as a 3rd and 4th yr med student was Q3-Q5. General surgery had implemented a "night float" so call was Q week, except at the VA, where it was Q3.

Reactions: 2 users
The program avangusva is at sounds very similar in structure to my program as well. I second everything he is saying, minus the 2 years wasted on an MD :laugh:;)

The program avangusva is at sounds very similar in structure to my program as well. I second everything he is saying, minus the 2 years wasted on an MD :laugh:;)
You've got one of our alum as your new attending-- he was chief when I externed here and was awesome.