Can anybody knowledgeable on TMDSAS see my chances? Just got my MCAT today. Lowish gpa.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kopfkino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@kopfkino I think you can apply to all the Texas schools this year.
The only reason to delay would be if your homelife/extra stresses and duties make you feel that a break would help you enter the application year more calm and confident.
If you did decide to wait out a year, don't retake the MCAT but maybe take more upper division science classes if you can make that work.

@kopfkino I think you can apply to all the Texas schools this year.
The only reason to delay would be if your homelife/extra stresses and duties make you feel that a break would help you enter the application year more calm and confident.
If you did decide to wait out a year, don't retake the MCAT but maybe take more upper division science classes if you can make that work.
That's reassuring you think I have a chance, thank you. Isn't my MCAT too low for my GPA? I know adcoms are pretty finicky about mental health stuff so I'm unsure how they'd perceive my circumstances.