Can anyone help me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

humblyasking

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On New Years, i did extasy. ever since, i see little spots of light everywhere. they are not bright enough to obstruct my vision, but they are extremely noticeable at times when there are no light - i.e. night. they are reminiscent of the vision you get right as you exit a movie theatre, that screening type of light.

my question is do i have to worry about it getting worse? does anyone know what this could mean?

i'm quite honestly too scared to go to the doctor. i have other mental issues i am already dealing with and i dont know if i could handle some big medical procedure.

i'd just like some honest opinions/advice. i did a google for optometry forum and this was all i could find.

i appreciate any help.

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone please tell me if you have to resend reccomendation letters if you are reapplying? if i tell my profs i didn't get in the first time, will they still give me good reccs.? thanks in advance

humblyasking said:
On New Years, i did extasy. ever since, i see little spots of light everywhere. they are not bright enough to obstruct my vision, but they are extremely noticeable at times when there are no light - i.e. night. they are reminiscent of the vision you get right as you exit a movie theatre, that screening type of light.

my question is do i have to worry about it getting worse? does anyone know what this could mean?

i'm quite honestly too scared to go to the doctor. i have other mental issues i am already dealing with and i dont know if i could handle some big medical procedure.

i'd just like some honest opinions/advice. i did a google for optometry forum and this was all i could find.

i appreciate any help.
frequency, onset, location, duration, association, relief, quality?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does resending letters of rec have anything to do with....

stompy said:

maybe he thought this was a general help thread where he could add a post?

and yes humbly, please provide more information so people can start ruling out different causes.

stompy said:

sorry that was my mistake, i was trying to post a new message, accidently replied to it.

humblyasking said:

i'd just like some honest opinions/advice. i did a google for optometry forum and this was all i could find.i appreciate any help.

Humblyasking,
I'm an optometry student, but a quick google search of MDMA (ecstacy) toxicity suggest to me that you should go see a Medical Doctor. There are rare but serious neurological complications that come with MDMA use. Explain to the Doctor that you are nervous about seeing them and they should try to put you at ease. This is, of course, just my opinion and hopefully we can get more experienced/educated assessments on this forum.

-Loncifer

Ok hear is the deal, Yes you should go and see your doctor. As far as the cause of your symptoms, it could be a lot of things. Did you fall while you were on the drug or get in a fight? Is it a drug rxn with other meds you are taking? I have no idea nor am I or anyone else qualified to answer your question is this normal or will it get worse without first examining you and taking a medical history. So my advice is go and see your doctor ASAP. It may be nothing but your doctor is the one who needs to make that decision.

humblyasking said:

i appreciate any help.