Can anyone suggest more schools i should apply to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eagleye2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello i would love to have someone critique my school list and make sure im reading the MSAR's information correctly, but i cant find the correct spot to post the thread, is this the appropriate spot for people to critique my list? Thanks

ORM

cGPA : 3.79 with a nice upward trend (3.4,3.6, 3.7) and

sGPA: 3.70

MCAT: 511 (128/125/130/128) screw cars, but luckily i may have hit that 125 subscore cutoff

EC's: No research. Pretty average EC's. Have roughly 50 hours of shadowing with various doctors of varying specialties. Have 100 hours at a local hospital volunteering in the emergency department and transport department (have been doing this for 3-4 semesters). I also volunteer at a Community volunteers in medicine where i am a patient advocate. I sit in with the patient (all are uninsured and most are minority) during their visits and make sure they are understanding what the doctor is saying and keeping up with them between visits making sure they are keeping up with their meds, basically anything that is "advocating" for the patient. I also HIV test at this community volunteers in medicine as well. I will have 70-80 hours there by the time i apply.

I have worked as a general and organic chemistry tutor for my college for over 4 semesters and have recently been promoted to a supervisor role where i no longer tutor but instead am in charge of all the chemistry tutors who are employed by the school. probably 400 hours of this, havent calculated it exactly but will be around there. I have also volunteered to be a part of my school's academic integrity board as a student rep and have done 5 cases there as well.

Im also in various clubs and organizations at my college but no office role in any of them

State of residence: PA

schools i have on a tenative list so far:
BU
Albany
University of Maryland
George Washington (DC)
Albert einstein (Bronx)
Georgetown (DC)
Univ of Miami
Jefferson
MCO Wisconsin
Drexel
New York MC
Temple
Penn State
Pitt
Geisinger (scranton)
Eastern Virgina Medical School
Quinnipac (conneticut)
Seton Hall?
Rosalind Franklin (Chicago)
dartmouth
Vermont (expensive)
Tufts

schools im thinking about:
ohio state
hofstra

I would like to know if any of the schools i listed here dont fit my profile. I looked at the MSAR and tried to match GPA/MCAT as well as mission and out of state statistics but wanted to make sure i wasnt misinterpreting them

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
State public schools such as Maryland, Ohio State accept very few non residents with your MCAT.Pitt is a reach. Otherwise your list is good.
You could add these schools:
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton

State public schools such as Maryland, Ohio State accept very few non residents with your MCAT.Pitt is a reach. Otherwise your list is good.
You could add these schools:
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton

Thank you for your suggestions! I saw that Maryland accept a good amount of OOS, but Im assuming it's the ones with 520 mcats. Thanks