Can anyone WAMC me for Internal Medicine?

Started by true_royal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

true_royal

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mid-tier USMD, Step 1 P, Step 2 258, 3/7 honors in M3 (rest are passes, including IM), honored M4 IM sub-I, 3rd quartile, no AOA. I've also got 2 publications (both first author; high impact for their fields), 18 posters (half are from regional or national conferences), 9 separate research experiences, and a handful of community and teaching volunteer experiences. Anyone know which "tier" of programs I should be mostly signaling for this upcoming cycle? Ideally I'd love to go to a program with lots of research opportunities since I'm most interested in Heme/onc, but I'm not counting on any "high tier programs" or anything like that.

I think my biggest limitation is the pass I got in IM during M3, so I'm hoping the sub-I H can somewhat offset that. Our M3 grades are determined on fixed curves, so only the top 30% of the rotation gets H, middle 40% get HP, and bottom 30% get P regardless of the overall rotation percentage. M4 rotations are determined by whatever grade the attendings collectively assign you.