LikeAirIRise
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm entering my first year of medical school in several months and while I am aware I have a lot of time to decide my specialty choice, I have absolutely no idea of the direction I will go in. One deciding factor for me to choose emergency medicine is whether or not they have the ability to open a practice or clinic eventually? Even if it is a general private practice. Is that an option for them?
And also, do they have the option to work shifts that are less than 12 hours? I haven't read about EM Physicians working 8 hour shifts before but it does seem likely that it is realistic.
Thanks in advance everyone, I can't say enough how grateful I am for this site as well as how excited I am to begin the academic journey towards becoming a physician.
I'm entering my first year of medical school in several months and while I am aware I have a lot of time to decide my specialty choice, I have absolutely no idea of the direction I will go in. One deciding factor for me to choose emergency medicine is whether or not they have the ability to open a practice or clinic eventually? Even if it is a general private practice. Is that an option for them?
And also, do they have the option to work shifts that are less than 12 hours? I haven't read about EM Physicians working 8 hour shifts before but it does seem likely that it is realistic.
Thanks in advance everyone, I can't say enough how grateful I am for this site as well as how excited I am to begin the academic journey towards becoming a physician.