can i aim for neurology

Started by waleedmd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waleedmd

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi
i am an IMG,2009 graduate,just immigrated to USA.I scored 239/255 on step 1,ck.I ve spent two years as neurology resident in my home country.is it realistic to aim for neurology in the next match or should i stick with primary care (IM) as all IMG do...your help plz
 
hi
i am an IMG,2009 graduate,just immigrated to USA.I scored 239/255 on step 1,ck.I ve spent two years as neurology resident in my home country.is it realistic to aim for neurology in the next match or should i stick with primary care (IM) as all IMG do...your help plz

Your chances for neurology are very good with your scores and past history.
I would say more than very good.
 
The only issue you may face is that you graduated in 2009, and most programs would like to see applicants who are < 5 years out from graduation. Do you have any clinical experience at an accredited American program?