can i apply for 06 if im taking mcats in april

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

does anyone know if i can apply to DO school foe september 06 however im not taking the mcats till april 06 i have a high UG GPA and a 4.0 graduate gpA
specifically nycom. i know its a bit late but my numbers are way above their average

thankyou

Members don't see this ad.

The general policies/deadlines say no...... by then the classes are full and the waitlists are long......however.... no one except the admissions dept. can tell you definitely no.....so maybe give them a call and see if they can try to make "special arrangements" for you....though I assume it would hinge more on your MCAT score...which you won't know until the middle of June....

(I know everyone loves my stupid typing.....with lots of "....." instead of commas..periods, etc....)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did last year and am now an ms1 at western. Call admissions offices, I was told no in februrary, but in may when the class was not full I was granted permission to apply directly to the school, bypassing aacomas. i interviewed in june, gave them my scores two weks later and I was accepted.

damn..didnt think it was possible...gj slitherin

I stand corrected. However, I highly doubt that there is a large contingent of applicants that do this every year. I would bet that with more competitive applicants these days, the chances of this happening is <1%.

NORMAL REGULTATION:

THE ANSWER IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

0.001% did as Slitherin claims s/he did!!!! I imagine WERSTERN could face trouble because of that.

I also have to wonder about the type of school Western is if it cannot fill a class by June..................................