Can I still match IM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChikenFilA2017

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm a D.O student who has applied to 100 IM programs total, majority are community -based , with 10 low tier academic and 20 university affiliated programs. Here are some additional details:

Level 1 410s.

Level 2 410s, after 1 failed attempt.

Didn't take Step1. However, Step 2 is 230.

Had 2 LOAs, first one due to one preclinical class failure. Second one was due to Level 2 failure. I withdrew from the match last year, and now applying as a senior this year by extending graduation.

Passed all clinical classes with good evals. 3rd Quartile.

Should I consider adding more IM or FM programs at this point?

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm a D.O student who has applied to 100 IM programs total, majority are community -based , with 10 low tier academic and 20 university affiliated programs. Here are some additional details:

Level 1 410s.

Level 2 410s, after 1 failed attempt.

Didn't take Step1. However, Step 2 is 230.

Had 2 LOAs, first one due to one preclinical class failure. Second one was due to Level 2 failure. I withdrew from the match last year, and now applying as a senior this year by extending graduation.

Passed all clinical classes with good evals. 3rd Quartile.

Should I consider adding more IM or FM programs at this point?

Thanks.
You pulled the trigger. If you haven't landed a good amount of interviews, you need to add more IM programs and or FM if you have the letters for that.