Can I still match IM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChikenFilA2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a D.O student who has applied to 100 IM programs total, majority are community -based , with 10 low tier academic and 20 university affiliated programs. Here are some additional details:

Level 1 410s.

Level 2 410s, after 1 failed attempt.

Didn't take Step1. However, Step 2 is 230.

Had 2 LOAs, first one due to one preclinical class failure. Second one was due to Level 2 failure. I withdrew from the match last year, and now applying as a senior this year by extending graduation.

Passed all clinical classes with good evals. 3rd Quartile.

Should I consider adding more IM or FM programs at this point?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You’ll be okay to
Match IM if you applied broadly and to not competitive places

All you can do is shoot the shot you’re currently shooting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I'm a D.O student who has applied to 100 IM programs total, majority are community -based , with 10 low tier academic and 20 university affiliated programs. Here are some additional details:

Level 1 410s.

Level 2 410s, after 1 failed attempt.

Didn't take Step1. However, Step 2 is 230.

Had 2 LOAs, first one due to one preclinical class failure. Second one was due to Level 2 failure. I withdrew from the match last year, and now applying as a senior this year by extending graduation.

Passed all clinical classes with good evals. 3rd Quartile.

Should I consider adding more IM or FM programs at this point?

Thanks.
You pulled the trigger. If you haven't landed a good amount of interviews, you need to add more IM programs and or FM if you have the letters for that.