Can I be a med student again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely a troll thread LOL. This dude apparently has 23 publications, 5 first author, 1000s hours research, clinical, 3 massive scholarships, etc. but couldn't get through 1st year of medical school because of toxic parents? How did you get a 4.0 GPA + all those accolades while in undergrad with the same environment but couldn't get through your first year? He can hardly write a sentence coherently but has 5 first author publications. His "school counselor" (what even is that in medical school) told him medical school wasn't for him, but somehow the Dean let him back in... against advice of his/her own faculty. What a story.

*Slow clap for OP* man it's funny how people get off wasting their time with these online fantasy lives.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
This is definitely a troll thread LOL. This dude apparently has 23 publications, 5 first author, 1000s hours research, clinical, 3 massive scholarships, etc. but couldn't get through 1st year of medical school because of toxic parents? How did you get a 4.0 GPA + all those accolades while in undergrad with the same environment but couldn't get through your first year? He can hardly write a sentence coherently but has 5 first author publications. His "school counselor" (what even is that in medical school) told him medical school wasn't for him, but somehow the Dean let him back in... against advice of his/her own faculty. What a story.

*Slow clap for OP* man it's funny how people get off wasting their time with these online fantasy lives.
My bad for not writing perfectly in my second language. In my opinion, my writing is pretty decent. And for the papers, I used something called Grammarly and my school had a writing center that helped me.

The faculty was not against me, only the counselor. And from what they tell me, it's like that with everyone.

Besides, many schools have academic counseling.
DM me if you want my PubMed link

My bad for not writing perfectly in my second language. In my opinion, my writing is pretty decent. And for the papers, I used something called Grammarly and my school had a writing center that helped me.

The faculty was not against me, only the counselor. And from what they tell me, it's like that with everyone.

Besides, many schools have academic counseling.
DM me if you want my PubMed link
Sure dude. I too put my 20,000+ word paper through Grammarly and also receive 23 acceptances to publish. I don't think I'd even believe this if you published to an open source site considering you somehow did this all during undergrad within the same toxic environment that made you flunk out of 1st year of medical school. Again, not sure what a counselor is in medical school - even so, if one faculty member has told you you're not cut out for medicine, I cannot see how this wouldn't be used against you when you try to gain re-entry.

Get a hobby, my guy.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a sad situation. I'm not inclined to take it seriously because your stats are in the stratosphere. But let's just say...

OP, if you need a silver lining, you're only 80k in debt. It could be way worse.
Get away from your parents.
If I were in your shoes, I'd honestly look at DO options.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Either the story is real, in which case I think you've gotten what useful advice you're going to get; or it's not, and it's time to stop the madness.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.