Can I choose which schools get which LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blazerplayer1717

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few schools that I am applying to suggest a letter from a professor within your major(s), which isn't a problem for science courses. But I also am a Sociology major. Combined with the large lectures and more simplistic nature of the courses, I never really got to know a professor that well. Is there any way i can ask for a letter and only have it send to those few schools since I know it is not going to be the strongest and would rather leave it out of my other applications? Thanks!