Can i do it in 1 yr on a qtr system?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elvingomez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to Scripps post bacc right now, but in case i am rejected i am thinking about doing post-bacc at a state school here in CA. since most of them are on a quarter system, can it sill be done in one year? at a semester school you can finish bio in a semester, but in a quarter school it takes 3 quarters to finish that same class. my question is how can this still be done in one year?

Members don't see this ad.

some of the csu's are on semesters. i know csu long beach is cuz my friend went there but i am not sure about the other csu schools down south. if you had to take both chem and o-chem i am not sure you could do it in a year on the quarter system. you'd have to do 3 quarters of gen chem and then you could do 2 quarters of o-chem in the summer. you could do a year of bio on the quarter system and the year of physics. i think it is hard to do it all in one year even on the semester system. the classes are a lot of work and you don't want to get overwhelmed. i took 2 years, though i did more than the minimum and got a second degree also.