Quantcast

Can i do it in 1 yr on a qtr system?

Calculate Your Odds of Getting into Medical School
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elvingomez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to Scripps post bacc right now, but in case i am rejected i am thinking about doing post-bacc at a state school here in CA. since most of them are on a quarter system, can it sill be done in one year? at a semester school you can finish bio in a semester, but in a quarter school it takes 3 quarters to finish that same class. my question is how can this still be done in one year?

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
some of the csu's are on semesters. i know csu long beach is cuz my friend went there but i am not sure about the other csu schools down south. if you had to take both chem and o-chem i am not sure you could do it in a year on the quarter system. you'd have to do 3 quarters of gen chem and then you could do 2 quarters of o-chem in the summer. you could do a year of bio on the quarter system and the year of physics. i think it is hard to do it all in one year even on the semester system. the classes are a lot of work and you don't want to get overwhelmed. i took 2 years, though i did more than the minimum and got a second degree also.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.