1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Can I do this or is this not allowed?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BodyBuildingDOC, 10.01.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. BodyBuildingDOC

BodyBuildingDOC Dr. Camou

Pre-Medical
    I just got my MCAT score back—not good. Shocked how low it was and planning a retake. I’ve already applied and been verified at all schools. I am planning the retake for Nov 7th. Do I have to release this current bad score to schools now… or can I wait til the end of December when the new (better!) score comes back and release them both at the same time?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. texan2414

texan2414 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I don't suppose it would make any difference either way because you would be indicating to the schools that you are retaking the MCAT- so your app would be deemed "incomplete".

4. sashka1

sashka1 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i'm pretty sure that you don't have a choice in which scores schools see.
    all the schools on your app see every single score you received. it's automatically put onto your app whether or not it's good

5. BodyBuildingDOC

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I realize they will see both scores... but I'm hoping to wait until the retake score comes in in December and then submit both scores at the same time. So I will just stay "incomplete" til then. I'm hoping that's allowed...

6. sashka1

sashka1 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    oh I think i see what you're saying.
    each school has its own MCAT deadline (see MSAR). iirc its around the sept/oct months, but each school is different.
    nov 7 seems pretty late into the cycle to be retaking an mcat so it may be too late to count for this cycle, but again, you have to check msar or each school's website

7. BodyBuildingDOC

Pre-Medical
    oh... i thought i had to have my first MCAT done before the sept/oct months, but a retake could be taken at any time after that?

About the ads