Can I do this or is this not allowed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BodyBuildingDOC

Dr. Camou
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT score back—not good. Shocked how low it was and planning a retake. I’ve already applied and been verified at all schools. I am planning the retake for Nov 7th. Do I have to release this current bad score to schools now… or can I wait til the end of December when the new (better!) score comes back and release them both at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't suppose it would make any difference either way because you would be indicating to the schools that you are retaking the MCAT- so your app would be deemed "incomplete".

i'm pretty sure that you don't have a choice in which scores schools see.
all the schools on your app see every single score you received. it's automatically put onto your app whether or not it's good

Yes, I realize they will see both scores... but I'm hoping to wait until the retake score comes in in December and then submit both scores at the same time. So I will just stay "incomplete" til then. I'm hoping that's allowed...

Members don't see this ad :)
oh I think i see what you're saying.
each school has its own MCAT deadline (see MSAR). iirc its around the sept/oct months, but each school is different.
nov 7 seems pretty late into the cycle to be retaking an mcat so it may be too late to count for this cycle, but again, you have to check msar or each school's website

oh... i thought i had to have my first MCAT done before the sept/oct months, but a retake could be taken at any time after that?