MCAT Practice Allowed at Satellite Center?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joebob19872

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am taking the MCAT at a satellite location, which happens to be my university. By pure luck, I have a friend who has swipe-access to the computer room where it is taking place (I might have access but I haven't tried yet out of fear). I was wondering if I could study and take a practice exam in there. Does the AAMC have any rules regarding this? I have found nothing online about it. It might be the first year they are using satellite locations.

I guess the question really comes down to: Does it confer an unfair advantage for me to be familiar with the location by practicing there? If that's actually the case, I shouldn't be allowed to take it at my university with a building that is open for students!

I have seen people using it before as a study place (engineers most likely) and it would not necessarily be peculiar to see a student in there.

I would appreciate someone who is familiar with the AAMC to let me know! As of now I am afraid to try in case the secret AAMC police are somehow monitoring it (unlikely but the situation seems too good to be true)

Thanks,
Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like that should be fine. The MCAT is offered at my university in a computer room that students have 24/7 access to and use all the time.