Can I Even Do This [DO]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneRayofSunshine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN forum folks!
I was hoping for you guys to be able to help me shed some light as to if I even stand a chance. Fair warning, I haven't taken my MCAT, and my cum GPA from Undergrad was LOW.
So here it goes, I finished up my undergrad with about a 2.5 with a degree in Human Bio and a double minor, one including Neuroscience in 2015 from a mildly competitive North Eastern school. For a year since then, I took a bunch of undergraduate classes (36 credits) getting predominately A's, with one really horrendous grade in Organic Chemistry II (D+). I redid my low graded classes, and have gotten over a B, if not almost all A's in them. About a year ago I started a masters degree in Biology in a really competitive school, but due to a lot of personal issues, which I'll spare you all from, I've yet to break above a B+ in any classes, and have about a 3.17 GPA in the program.
I haven't taken my MCAT yet, and I still have the rest of this semester until I finish my Masters, but having seen the new guidelines and with having very little time to dedicate to extra curricular activities, minus shadowing a GI and a Pathologist a while ago, I'm a bit nervous about my ability to get into a D.O. program, or a medical school abroad. Please help me to shed some light on where I stand or even what I can do to be more competitive. Thanks you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey SDN forum folks!
I was hoping for you guys to be able to help me shed some light as to if I even stand a chance. Fair warning, I haven't taken my MCAT, and my cum GPA from Undergrad was LOW.
So here it goes, I finished up my undergrad with about a 2.5 with a degree in Human Bio and a double minor, one including Neuroscience in 2015 from a mildly competitive North Eastern school. For a year since then, I took a bunch of undergraduate classes (36 credits) getting predominately A's, with one really horrendous grade in Organic Chemistry II (D+). I redid my low graded classes, and have gotten over a B, if not almost all A's in them. About a year ago I started a masters degree in Biology in a really competitive school, but due to a lot of personal issues, which I'll spare you all from, I've yet to break above a B+ in any classes, and have about a 3.17 GPA in the program.
I haven't taken my MCAT yet, and I still have the rest of this semester until I finish my Masters, but having seen the new guidelines and with having very little time to dedicate to extra curricular activities, minus shadowing a GI and a Pathologist a while ago, I'm a bit nervous about my ability to get into a D.O. program, or a medical school abroad. Please help me to shed some light on where I stand or even what I can do to be more competitive. Thanks you guys!
Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention