Can I hear about the Au.D. program at University of Wisconsin? Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sangh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know about the Aud program at university of wisconsin. Is there anyone who are attending or who heard of the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know about the Aud program at university of wisconsin. Is there anyone who are attending or who heard of the program?

Are you sure they are accredited? When I looked at the ASHA website it stated they were not accredited but under review for their first accreditation... I would check!

Thanks

Are you sure they are accredited? When I looked at the ASHA website it stated they were not accredited but under review for their first accreditation... I would check!

Thanks

Thank you so much for this. What if they are not accredited? Does that mean after the graduation I am not allowed to practice as an audiologist?

Members don't see this ad :)
It could mean that you have to keep track of all your coursework to ensure it meets ASHA criteria, and when you apply for certification it will require more documentation. Check with the ASHA website.

It could mean that you have to keep track of all your coursework to ensure it meets ASHA criteria, and when you apply for certification it will require more documentation. Check with the ASHA website.

Yes,
My suggestions to you and to everyone would be to keep track of your coursework. The audiologist I work with has told me horror stories about her school "losing" records or misplacing them come time to prepare for graduation. Keep a file of all your work (grades, projects ect..)! Again, check the ASHA website to clarify.

Hope this helps-

Yes,
My suggestions to you and to everyone would be to keep track of your coursework. The audiologist I work with has told me horror stories about her school "losing" records or misplacing them come time to prepare for graduation. Keep a file of all your work (grades, projects ect..)! Again, check the ASHA website to clarify.

Hope this helps-

Thank you so much for the infor. I really had no idea what it is going to be.
And, do you have any other information about the program at this institution? I saw this program is now under pre-accreditation. I don't know what that means.

Pre-accredidation means that they are going through the process for the first time (I believe). All I know about the program when I looked into it is that there are 2 main campus'. Some of the classes are via teleconference with the other campus. That aspect of the program I did not like, so I chose not to apply there. Personally, since you are already accepted (not sure if you are waiting for more replies or if you are chose to attend) I would visit the campus or call for more info.

Hope this helps-