Can I list parenting as volunteer hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaction mechanisms

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've volunteered 2.5 years worth of my time to mother my child. Can I list this as volunteer hours? I bathe the kid and I even feed him!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should also list giving birth as clinical experience. 🙄
I actually laughed at this
1s5u2c.jpg
 

Attachments

  • upload_2017-7-7_22-25-15.png
    upload_2017-7-7_22-25-15.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 166
Sleeping is another good EC that most people don't take advantage of. "Every single year, I devote nearly 3,000 unpaid hours to an important recuperative activity that is life sustaining to its beneficiary. While this involves a major time commitment, I truly cannot see myself forgoing involvement, and I plan to continue this activity through medical school and residency, though perhaps with reduced hours."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.