Medical Can I post a WAMC with an average AAMC practice FL MCAT score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title. Just wondering if it would be acceptable since I won’t get my score until end of May, and I’d like to submit my apps by then or early June.
Waste of time.

Members don't see this ad.

You can do whatever you want. The information you receive may not be very helpful, and may even be misleading if you get your result back and it's significantly different from what you're projecting.

I mean loosely we can see if your GPA is solid and if you've checked all the boxes, but the MCAT is a major piece of information and we can't really get a good sense of your chances without that.

Not very beneficial to you. Your real MCAT can differ wildly from a practice score which is why I suggest you don't take your MCAT until you are scoring a few points above your goal score.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, this sounds like my best option. edit: I don't know how to quote properly, but I'm referring to gyngyn's advice.

The only reason I'm asking is because I'm hitting above my target score on AAMC practice tests (scoring in the 517-520 range), and ideally, I would like to build several school lists so that applying feels more tangible than just building an application with no schools in mind. That way I would be prepared with several options; i.e. having a best case scenario list, most realistic case scenario, and worst case scenario.

Would asking for more than one school list like that be a waste of my time and other's? I appreciate this resource, and I don't want to ask too much of people if they're volunteering their time to give me advice!
The problem with your logic is that based upon years of reading SDN WAMC posts, I've found that it's easy to hit .300 in batting practice, but a lot harder when you facing the likes of Brad Keller or other fast ballers.

Hence, it's an exercise in futility to make a list before you get your results. A 510 score will make a very different list than a 515 or a 519

Honestly it would probably be more relevant to just post the score when you get it. It's not like you'll need to spend weeks deciding on your school list after you get your score--you can get your score, post here, and within 2-3 days probably be ready to submit your app.

Status
Not open for further replies.