Can I send an update letter regarding a recent MCAT attempt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

job application

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I wanted to ask if it is ok to send an update letter regarding how I performed better on a retake of MCAT I did recently on 1/10. I am in this current cycle. I understand only a few schools accept January 2026 scores for consideration in the 2025-2026 cycle but it wouldn't hurt to let them know what I have been doing in my gap year i guess? seeking some advice
 
It should automatically be added to your application. I don't think telling a school to look at something they already have in your application is update letter worthy, but I hedge more conservative on these. Last thing you want to do is bombard schools with updates that don't have substance and annoy your reviewer who has to look at an additional letter on your application.
If you do decide to send an update, only do so for schools that accept the score for this cycle.