can I still apply to dental school this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthworkhard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if its still okay to apply to dental school now? I am taking my DAT in a few weeks hopefully. I have already completed a good portion of application, I already have my LOR and transcript in, i did not click submit yet. Feeling nervous about it being the end of september.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, it depends on your DAT scores. No one can tell you much without those. A lot of people will say it's getting late, but as long as you do well and you have everything in at least a month before your earliest deadline, you should get some post-Dec interviews. But again, :/ you need to have your scores. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, because it is so late in the cycle, your chances of getting interviews especially before December are little to none at this point. You also have to think about how it is gonna take a couple weeks at least for your DAT scores to be sent and received by the schools you applied to. Also, when you press the "submit" button, it is not instantly completed. Everything takes time to be verified. Schools would not be able to really start reviewing and considering your application until absolutely everything had been received. I would highly recommend not applying and spending a lot of money (especially if you were planning to apply to 10+ schools). I think you would have much better chances if you waited and applied as early as you possibly can next cycle. By "early" I mean submit your application in June.

I would not apply this cycle, especially if you're taking the DAT in a few weeks. You will pass the DAT deadline at some schools. On top of that, by the time your application completes with the DAT scores, it will be very late in the cycle and put you at a disadvantage. Take your time with the DAT and apply next cycle.