Can I still re-apply/submit my primary at this point in time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timmyboy213

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So, I posted in these forums around the beginning of June and I asked about re-taking the MCAT. Here is a link to my previous thread that I had posted:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=734036

I started studying at the beginning of June to re-take the MCAT on September 3rd.

I haven't yet submitted my primary application, thus, I was wondering if it was too late to submit my primary at this point in time. I have a somewhat solid rough draft of my personal statement, so my plan is to submit my application in the next week or two. Is this too late?

If I don't take the test until September 3rd, then I won't get my score until October 3rd. Since, a lot of the schools will wait for my new scores, my primary application should be verified by this point in time (assuming I have it submitted by no later than two weeks).

My plan after taking the test on September 3rd was to write all of my essays for the secondary applications I should receive (assuming I get secondaries from the same places I did during the last application cycle) using the prompts that are posted on these forums for the secondary applications from various schools.

This way I can have a good chunk of my secondary apps done while my primary application is being verified, with the hopes of having most of my secondary applications submitted by October 15th or so.

I get nervous reading threads on these forums because a lot of people say if you haven't submitted by this point in time, you are really late.

I should have tried to submit my primary application earlier, but studying for the MCAT has been consuming my life lately. Also, I wasn't sure if it would really matter since I was re-taking the MCAT on September 3 and a lot of the schools would wait until my these scores were in (around October 3) before evaluating my application.

If you all could provide me some feedback on whether it is too late to submit my primary at this point in time, I would greatly appreciate it. If you want info about my stats, you might want to check out the link to my previous thread, as it has all of my ECs, activities, and grades/scores.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tim

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

So, I posted in these forums around the beginning of June and I asked about re-taking the MCAT. Here is a link to my previous thread that I had posted:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=734036

I started studying at the beginning of June to re-take the MCAT on September 3rd.

I haven't yet submitted my primary application, thus, I was wondering if it was too late to submit my primary at this point in time. I have a somewhat solid rough draft of my personal statement, so my plan is to submit my application in the next week or two. Is this too late?

If I don't take the test until September 3rd, then I won't get my score until October 3rd. Since, a lot of the schools will wait for my new scores, my primary application should be verified by this point in time (assuming I have it submitted by no later than two weeks).

My plan after taking the test on September 3rd was to write all of my essays for the secondary applications I should receive (assuming I get secondaries from the same places I did during the last application cycle) using the prompts that are posted on these forums for the secondary applications from various schools.

This way I can have a good chunk of my secondary apps done while my primary application is being verified, with the hopes of having most of my secondary applications submitted by October 15th or so.

I get nervous reading threads on these forums because a lot of people say if you haven't submitted by this point in time, you are really late.

I should have tried to submit my primary application earlier, but studying for the MCAT has been consuming my life lately. Also, I wasn't sure if it would really matter since I was re-taking the MCAT on September 3 and a lot of the schools would wait until my these scores were in (around October 3) before evaluating my application.

If you all could provide me some feedback on whether it is too late to submit my primary at this point in time, I would greatly appreciate it. If you want info about my stats, you might want to check out the link to my previous thread, as it has all of my ECs, activities, and grades/scores.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Tim

Tim,

As the application cycle progresses, it takes longer and longer to get verified by AACOMAS. If you can do so without disrupting your MCAT study schedule, I suggest that your submit your primary application and send in the transcripts. Get the process moving. Also, talk to your professors and the D.O. and get them working on your LORs.

The goal is to be complete as soon as possible. You are likely looking at mid November to be complete. LECOM is already interviewing and a few applicants have posted that they have been accepted. I'm sure than other schools are gearing up to interview. Most start in September. If your application is not complete until mid November you have missed out on opportunities for the first 3 - 4 months of the cycle.

Good luck

It's not too late to apply...

It's to your advantage to apply earlier, but there will still be seats available... just fewer of them, making interviews tougher to get... So you might apply to a few more schools, if you have the cash.

well I am waiting to take my test september 3rd and get my scores on october 3rd to submit my application, is that a bad move? or should i submit it now? or should i just wait till may of next year. im probably going to get a 23-25, my GPA is around a 2.8. any advice?