Can I still receive secondaries without submitting my Letters of Recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aviat0r

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have all my letters of recommendation for this cycle besides 1 science professor. I asked my genetics professor but he told me he would have it done around early august. Would I still be able to submit this application and receive secondaries without that 1 science LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have all my letters of recommendation for this cycle besides 1 science professor. I asked my genetics professor but he told me he would have it done around early august. Would I still be able to submit this application and receive secondaries without that 1 science LOR?
I don't think so. Schools usually only send secondaries out after they've reviewed your application for completion. Because they'd be waiting on that last LOR, I don't think they'd send you anything until that comes in.... I'd really try and ask that professor to submit it earlier if it's at all possible, letting them know that dental school admissions are somewhat rolling and not having this letter will prevent your application from being reviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
If my professor does submit it by August, do you think that would be too late with all this COVID stuff going on?

If my professor does submit it by August, do you think that would be too late with all this COVID stuff going on?
People have had success applying in August (myself included lol), but with everything else going on, schools might be more lenient... BUT it's honestly really hard to say - other applicants may have everything together already, even with COVID happening, and that's who you're competing with for interviews and acceptances.

I would really, really try and ask your professor if they can submit it earlier since that's all your application and schools will be waiting on.

Reactions: 1 user