Can I submit with 2 LORs? Urgent help please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

one11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

IMG, steps scores 220s,230s, passed CS and ECFMG certified, Currently doing research+observership at one of the top pediatric hospital in the US. Got 2 LORs one from research mentor(I also did some clinical work also which was reflected on the letter) and one from a pediatrician. I am waiting my 3rd one from a pediatrician in the same hospital also but I am expecting that to be available at the end of September.

Every body says you should apply early and update your LORs-scores-anything.. later. My question is should I apply now with 2LORS and assign the 3rd on later? or should I wait?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Guys I need your opinion urgently. Thanks

I would submit and then send in your third LOR later. We have always been told to submit as early as possible, even if it's before all letters are in, but I'm not sure what everyone else's experience is on this. You can always go back and easily send the third as soon as it's available.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My school has also advised submitting as early as possible, as schools will have to check your documents again on Oct 1 for the MSPE, so they'll see any new letters then, if not before.