one11

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hi All,

IMG, steps scores 220s,230s, passed CS and ECFMG certified, Currently doing research+observership at one of the top pediatric hospital in the US. Got 2 LORs one from research mentor(I also did some clinical work also which was reflected on the letter) and one from a pediatrician. I am waiting my 3rd one from a pediatrician in the same hospital also but I am expecting that to be available at the end of September.

Every body says you should apply early and update your LORs-scores-anything.. later. My question is should I apply now with 2LORS and assign the 3rd on later? or should I wait?

Thanks

OP
O

one11

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Guys I need your opinion urgently. Thanks

Sep 16, 2015
I would submit and then send in your third LOR later. We have always been told to submit as early as possible, even if it's before all letters are in, but I'm not sure what everyone else's experience is on this. You can always go back and easily send the third as soon as it's available.

Reactions: Cytarabine
Mar 22, 2011
Status
Medical Student
My school has also advised submitting as early as possible, as schools will have to check your documents again on Oct 1 for the MSPE, so they'll see any new letters then, if not before.

GoSpursGo

Allons-y!
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Submit, then assign extra letters later.