Can I submit with no pending MCAT, and resubmit with new score later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgartman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I got a 29Q (V:8, P:10, B:11) on the first try, but Im strongly considering retaking the MCAT since I didnt get in my first time around.
Since Im not positive about whether im going to re-take my MCAT, should I indicate a pending MCAT on the AMCAS application? My predicament is this: If I decide that I do not want to retake it but have already informed the schools that there is a score pending, how will I inform the schools that they are not going to receive a second set of scores? Is it possible to submit my application with one set of scores, without the pending MCAT, and then re-submit later on when I definitively know whether im re-taking it or when I receive my scores? I tried calling AMCAS about this, but they were not helpful at all. Anyone have any answers/suggestions? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

oh yea, im planning on submitting today, and possibly retaking my mcat in july. thanks.

If you submit today without an MCAT, your app will just sit there in limbo until you release july's scores... in Aug (late)... apply with the 29 and say you're retaking, if you decide not to retake go into your app and change it to 'not retaking'

Members don't see this ad :)
do you mean just email the school telling them that when i decide?

Similar question... I am going to take some practice tests over the next couple of weeks to determine whether or not I should try again. If I say I'm going to retake the MCAT, will my application sit there until the second score comes in? Or will they roll with my original score and use the second when It gets there?

do you mean just email the school telling them that when i decide?

No, I mean you change it in AACOMAS/AMCAS from retaking to not retaking

Similar question... I am going to take some practice tests over the next couple of weeks to determine whether or not I should try again. If I say I'm going to retake the MCAT, will my application sit there until the second score comes in? Or will they roll with my original score and use the second when It gets there?

Your stuff will basically sit there until you do something.